macbook early 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bhoyetjumpay, Apr 19, 2016.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^wow they have the new one na bro? Just called btb kahapon wala pa daw eh... Thanks

2. vgsison

vgsison Active Member

Definitely the new one bro.

3. vgsison

vgsison Active Member

Where can I find accessories locally particularly USB - C to a USB hub? Thank you.

4. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Hi guys, Does anyone of you have the same issue as I do. I bought a Speck case for the Macbook Retina 12" 2016 black see thru case. But it seems that cracking is a very big issue. Saw a few crack marks on the corners already. the one on the top left corner for the monitor cover snapped and cracked. I think its too brittle. I bought it at btb. but I think cracking is not covered by the warranty. Any suggestions on an alternative case that doesn't have these issues?

5. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

if it was me i'd just use a sleeve when the macbook is not in use, then leave it bare while using it. all macbooks for me are too gorgeous to be covered up. haha.

Mykolant, Salaryman Ryan and Sunil_K like this.
  6. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

As much as I'd like to do that. I travel a lot, so accidental bumps are not a stranger to my macbooks. learned my lesson well. But at home, I do love em naked!

7. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

haha i feel you. already bumped my 15" rMBP on a cafe's table once and it left a small dent. i am not sure if there are compatible models for the 12" macbook, but my girlfriend is using a Tech 21 impact case for her 13" retina macbook pro. after more than a year there are still no cracks.

8. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Wow Thanks for the info. i am leaning towards the UAG Ice for macbook 12!

9. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Finally got the UAG Ice Case for Macbook 12", fits my notebook perfectly! I liked how it stiffens the whole body, much more secure now when bringing it out and about.

A Huge shoutout to ABET!!! for allowing me to return my Speck Case that has a cracking issue. Cora and Grace were very accommodating! Got a Lander Sleeve instead of the slim case in exchange for the speck.

I would definitely recommend some protection for your Macbook 2016! Its pretty and all, but its feels very fragile!

Had a wonderful experience as well with your Digital Walker store at Century Mall.

Attached Files:

Sunil_K and mokmoki like this.
  10. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I'm thinking of upgrading from my MBA 11" as well. Are there USB C Hubs now available? Also, how are you guys coping with the lack of ports? Is it just a matter of getting used to?

11. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Yes, the lack of ports is a paradigm shift in mobile computing. maybe apple saw the machine stats anonymously being monitored that the ports are not even being utilised. The portability vs ports trade-off is a Win for me. But to each his own, I know a lot of people still require usb accessories. I just think that the av adaptor should have been included on the standard package, rather than a Php3490.00 separate purchase. but its well worth it. I suggest you buy the apple genuine adapter. Upon researching a lot of people from amazon and other ecommerce sites, those usb c dongles still need some polishing, they always break or rarely work altogether. stick with genuine.

Have been using the MBA for the longest time. and I can say the Retina Display alone, made me switch! haha! Night and Day period.

ste@lth likes this.
  12. ste@lth

ste@lth Active Member

I doubt this can ratchet into your requirements, the apps your using are all CPU and graphics intensive, with these is suggest you go for the Macbook Pro

ArkiJan likes this.
  13. ste@lth

ste@lth Active Member

Plus one on this, all of my devices are bare, i don't to cover up that premium feel if you know what i mean...

14. marxisaaa

marxisaaa New Member

torn between this new macbook or macbook pro

15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Just wait a bit. a new macbook pro is weeks away

16. mafioso

mafioso Active Member

Can't wait for the new rMBP next month so I got a space gray macbook yesterday. Wasn't as slow as I thought.

Sunil_K likes this.
  17. gogetit

gogetit Member

I'm waiting for a new Imac!

18. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Hoping for one too!

Attached Files:

19. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan Well-Known Member

Agreed, the hard covers that snap on tend to scrach Macbooks in two ways. 1st, the tabs nicks on the metal. 2nd, tiny but hard paticles like sand can wedge itself inbetween your hard cover and Macbook and cause tiny scratches.

mokmoki likes this.
  20. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

go to silicon valley they sell promate products with type c options. got myself a type c to micro b since my external hard disk is not being read if i use a type to usb adapter.

i am happy so far with my purchase and i hope promate is durable. lol