iTunes changing region and would proceed?

Discussion in 'iTunes Store' started by kymeonline, Apr 17, 2017.

1. kymeonline

kymeonline New Member

Hi.
    I bought my Macbook in middleEast(UAE). While I was there, I purchase some other apps there.
    So now I moved back to PH. I just notice that iTunes that are sold here are from US accounts.
    So I have to change my region. But my problem is that when I change, I need to provide a credit
    details. I selected US region too because I travel a lot and I usually travels and work abroad in
    different countries.

When I attempt to change, I notice I need to provide credit details. And there is also a redeem
    code in under option of the credit details.

Now my question is...
    If I just redeem code, this would proceed to the next procedure without providing the credit details?

I also notice I need to provide Address and Phone #. Now my question is…
    If I will just provide a dummy #. This will not send a code for verifications?

2. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

3. kymeonline

kymeonline New Member

Yeah I did this weeks ago actually but when I change now the region, I still need to provide the credit details. No option for NONE.

4. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

This page states that if you change your region, you need to add a payment method: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT203905
    You need to get a virtual debit card with a US address like here: https://www.usunlocked.com
    Tip: the iTunes store charges state tax. When choosing an address for your virtual debit card, select one that doesn't have state tax like Portland, Oregon.

#4 lamski, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  5. kymeonline

kymeonline New Member

if I just redeem a code through US iTunes. Will it also proceed to the next procedure?

And also I have a question about this Phone #. If I just provide a dummy. Will it send some verification code after I register or change the region?

6. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

You could always try - purchase a US iTunes gift card and try to redeem it and see if it solves your problem.
    Another option would be to create a new apple ID for the US iTunes store. You could then follow the directions to create a new account without adding a payment method.
    I'm not sure about the phone #.

7. kymeonline

kymeonline New Member

Cool. I'll try this option. Thanks. Hope it solves my issues.

8. kymeonline

kymeonline New Member

Aah. Problem solves. Redeeming code solves the issue.