iPod Nano (1st gen) Worldwide replacement program

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by splukutum, Nov 12, 2011.

1. splukutum

splukutum Active Member

heads up owners of iPod Nano (1st gen)

The worldwide replacement program can be accessed through a special website that asks users to proceed by entering their iPod nano’s serial number ----- https://supportform.apple.com/201110/

http://9to5mac.com/2011/11/11/apple...rheating-opens-worldwide-replacement-program/

2. zChris

zChris Active Member

I've got one of these. However, Philippines isn't coming up in one of the countries in the list on the web. Perhaps I need to make a trip down to Digital Hub.

3. doughn

doughn Active Member

talked with General Manager of Digital Hub...accdg to him... no word from apple to replace... hmmmm

4. xxxjanxxx2

xxxjanxxx2 Member

this is antique. im excited on what they're going to replace it with. i hope AASPs here in the Philippines will honor replacements.

keep us updated.

5. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

i have one of the first units to be available in the philippines. i remember how i left the hospital where i was confined with a bad case of the flu just to get to powermac sm annex cause they have it in stock the first day it was to be released. i took a double dose of paracetamol so that my fever will subside. as with other items replaced under recalls, if the item is no longer available, it will be replaced with the current model. i hope this holds true with the nano...

6. Klaymen

Klaymen New Member

Bakit walang Philippines sa list? Even Singapore, wala din.

Sana maupdate yung list.

7. arnel312

arnel312 Member

I still have my ipod nano ist gen with me and its still working. Do you think our ipod will be included in this recall?

8. powerseller

powerseller Member

Apple will replace first-generation iPod nano due to battery overheating

Deleted due to duplicated. Someone faster than me :)

9. powerseller

powerseller Member

WOW Apple will do a replacement worldwide for 5-6 year old devices. Hat to you, Apple.

10. doughn

doughn Active Member

By the way is apple replacing it with same model of nano(1st gen) or the latest model.? Tia

Sent from my Motorola Micro-tac ultralite

11. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

I still use my iPod Nano 1st gen for my daughters nursery rhymes. hope some one from the authorized resellers can shed some light on this matter. many thanks

12. Tsarli

Tsarli Member

1st Gen Nano user here as well. Sana nga makasama ang Pinas, if not, no choice but to have it replaced when I leave the country next month.

13. ohwtfitzsean

ohwtfitzsean Member

wow! I still have my black 1st gen Nano, hope Philippines will be included on the list.

14. prompt

prompt Member

seems like my nano's serial qualified. I hope we'll be included in the recall as well. I was hoping for a new current gen nano replacement but it seems that it will be the 1st gen still. :)

15. abielbad

abielbad Member

This is not worldwide if there are only limited countries. I also have my iPod Nano (1st Gen). I hope Apple remedies this and communicate to all their Authorized resellers.

16. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

i have ask digital hub about this and they said na they have not yet received any information about the recall and advised me to call the apple toll free number na lang. i hope they would honor this recall here in the philippines.

17. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

wow. i still have mine. :)

Bump this thread if its applicable to PHL.

I'm so excited :)

18. zChris

zChris Active Member

@prompt: How did you determine that your Nano's serial is qualified? Did you use the form and are you based in the Philippines? If so, what country did you use? I was considering using the form but was concerned that if I put a different country, it might affect the replacement process later on.

19. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Mine was in US. But I hope the warranty will affect PHL and at the same time, AA Resellers allowed to take such actions like processing, etc etc.

20. MX3

MX3 Member

Just received an email from Apple Japan saying that they're replacing my 1st gen Ipod. I'm now in the US, so I inputted my current US address in the online form. They'll be sending me the shipping box and replacement in 6 weeks!