iPod Classic SMART Data

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by xepheryfc, Sep 27, 2014.

1. xepheryfc

xepheryfc Member

I need help with my iPod classic, this is like a 'wtf' moment for me since this happened just a month before iPod classic was killed. I was not able to sync songs. Also, when I use the iPod and hover over the settings menu, it freezes a bit as well and it says that the free space is 0kb. Whenever I connect my iPod on my PC as well, iTunes would freeze and will just unfreeze the moment I remove the iPod connection. Then after failed attempts I just left it like that. But then I got my Mac and after attempts, I successfully restored it through iTunes. Unfortunately though, I can only sync in staggered quantities, like 10 to 15 songs per sync, and when my iPod felt like I synced too much, it will still sync but upon disconnecting, my iPod will have 'No Music'. This is very frustrating since I felt like I can't get another iPod classic again. I need this device most especially I have 100 GB worth of music.

When I checked online, I found out about the menu + center button, then center + previous button. I checked the IO > HDSMARTData test and it shows:

Retracts: 47
    Reallocs: 1200
    Pending Sectors: 744
    PowerOn Hours: 333
    Start/Stops: 42780
    Temp: Current 33c
    Temp: Min 21c
    Temp: Max 55c

If this data will deem my iPod unusable anymore, is there any other way for me to at least revive it? Help please :(

2. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

Reallocs: 1200 -> this means 1200 remapped sectors, basically bad sectors
    Pending Sectors: 744 -> this means weak sectors waiting to be remapped
    PowerOn Hours: 333 -> total actual usage of the drive

bad sectors are too high, no way to revive it... best is replace the drive.

3. xepheryfc

xepheryfc Member

Are there still legit ways to revive this like if I bring this to Senco Link or Ynzal, will they be able to help? Or do you guys have contacts? Don't know if it's allowed to ask here (sorry admins).

4. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

no... if you have a defective hard drive, its more practical to replace it.