iPhone Yellowish Tint or Unusually Warm Display

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by magnus, Nov 13, 2016.

?

Do you have a yellowish display on your brand new iPhone or iPhone Plus?

1. Yes, I have an Ivory White display and I am Ok with it.

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Yes, and it bothers me to have this on a super expensive device.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. No, mine has Snow White display.

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. andyled

andyled Member

Try this fix:

On the device with the yellow tinted or unusually warm display, do the following:
    1. Open the “Settings” app and go to “General” and then to “Accessibility”
    2. Tap on “Display Accommodations” and then tap on “Color Filters”
    3. Flip the “Color Filters” setting to the ON position
    4. Select the “Color Tint” option from the filter list
    5. Now adjust the Hue to be less yellow by sliding the Hue bar, move it around until your screen is closer to the color hue you are looking for
    6. Slide the “Intensity” filter to a low setting to offer a more subtle color correction
    Source:

http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/16/yellow-screen-iphone-7-fix/

civic05 likes this.
  2. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

i notice when the time goes by iPhone 7/7+ has accurate color than the blueish screen of iphone 6s .

My Friend just got his 7 the other day and be hold same yellowish screen :)

3. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

You should have at least an even yellowish display. If the bottom part is more yellowish than the other parts, Its not normal. Apple won't even release a statement that yellowish display is normal for them or not. They don't care coz most buyers don't care as long as it's Apple.

4. iven

iven New Member

Nakuha nyo na po ba yung replacement nyo?

5. eric14

eric14 Active Member

My 7 plus jet black is a bit warmer compared to my friend's 7 plus matte black. He got his unit last No. 12 and I got mine Dec. 19. It bothers me now and thinking if I should be requesting for a replacement from Globe. Any info if this is normal for jet black units? Thanks

6. iven

iven New Member

Have you requested for device replacement?

7. eric14

eric14 Active Member

No. I compared my unit to the demo units at powermac greenbelt and displays are not consistent. There's even a demo unit that has a warmer display than mine. Then I compared it as well to another friend's unit and both display are the same. And I'm quite convinced to the the 2 powermac staff that I talked to saying that display really varies depending on who manufactured it. According to them, Apple has 2 LCD screen suppliers - Samsung and Sharp. Just not sure if they got it correct but I am convinced though.

8. iven

iven New Member

I see. I had also consulted this to a Power Mac Service Center staff and I was advised the same though he didn't mention the names of manufacturing companies for the LCD. It's just weird when I go to a Globe store and when we compare my device to their demo units, we don't find it that yellowish but rather it has a brighter display. I think it's because of the effect of warm lighting from their light bulbs. I find the yellowish hue is somehow noticeable when you are in a room under a white flourescent light or in a dark room. I have also tried to apply the color filters in settings that helps the display look bluish white but I find it inconvenient for my eyesight when I view the phone over a long period of time. I am convincing myself to believe that the slight yellowish display we can see on the IP7 is brought by the wide color gamut which is the same technology being used for digital cinemas that produces more accurate colors and as they describe it as "visually indistinguishable from perfect". I am getting rid of using my old iPhone so then in the long run I can get used to the display of IP7.

Anmi likes this.
  9. eric14

eric14 Active Member

Yeah, let's embrace the slight imperfection and just enjoy our iPhone 7. As long as there's no functionality issue. :)

Anmi likes this.
  10. civic05

civic05 Active Member

guys, i also got that yellowish unit ,but after reading the the link provided by one of our fellow member, i now know how to adjust them.
    the units found on display (at stores) may have a different setting, if all things equal and still with that yellow screen,maybe that's the only time you try to get a replacement unit from wherever you bought them.

11. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

This is also my attitude towards my phone. It's not exactly flawless, but other than the warm display there's no other glaring issue so in a way it's still something to be thankful for. Over time my eyes have already gotten used to it and I'm much happier not having to deal with the headache that is replacements.

Anmi likes this.
  12. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

It's really noticeable comparing my 6 to 7plus, but I don't really consider this a defect, it doesn't really bother me. Also compared my 7plus with 2 other 7pluses bought from the US and HK and they all have the same tint, really.

I adjusted my color tint settings and honestly I think you guys should just try it rather than going through the replacement process hell. I just don't think it's worth the agony of waiting and anxiety heck I don't think there really are phones with "normal" tint. Unless it's a very glaring yellowish tint then it must be replaced.

But of course, to each his own. :)

Anmi likes this.
  13. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Yes. There are other members who also got their replacement.

14. chicco

chicco Member

does the replacement come with the white box only?

15. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I'd guess the white box indicates a refurbished phone. Warranty replacements typically come in a white box with no accessories.

16. nivnivram

nivnivram New Member

mine has an original box, except for the accessories...