Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 13, 2017.
That figures eh...
Dual OIS for the rear camera.
Telephoto lens is f2.4
The $999, eyebrow-raising iPhone X: David Pogue's hands-on review
mm...Face ID is not the only security barrier. There are settings in iOS that you can use (example: enable restrictions) to prevent malicious or unauthorized use of your iPhone. Also, I think you can still opt out of Face ID and revert to six-digit passcode only if you are that concerned with device security.
I just got off the phone with the Apple peeps here in India and these are their selling price (putting phil peso conversion in brackets). The launch for India ifor the 8/8+ is Sept 29 and the X is November
64gb = ₹64,000 (approx Php 51k)
256gb = ₹77,000 (approx Php 61k)
iPhone 8 Plus
64gb = ₹73,000 (approx Php 58k)
256gb = ₹86,000 (approx Php 68k)
64gb = ₹89,000 (approx Php 71k)
256gb = ₹102,000 (approx Php 81k)
Point of comparison, on end 2015 i got the SG rMB 512gb for ₹102,000!!!
Take note tho indian prices have insanely high taxes levied on electronic goods so the approx phil peso prices are on the high side. My guess it will be 5-6k cheaper as our Phil taxes on electronic goods are lower.
Face ID projects more than 30,000 invisible IR dots. The IR image and dot pattern are pushed through neural networks to create a mathematical model of your face and send the data to the secure enclave to confirm a match, while adapting to physical changes in appearance over time. All saved facial information is protected by the secure enclave to keep data extremely secure, while all of the processing is done on-device and not in the cloud to protect user privacy. Face ID only unlocks iPhone X when customers look at it and is designed to prevent spoofing by photos or masks.
Customers will be able to order iPhone Xbeginning Friday, October 27, with availability beginning Friday, November 3, in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, the US and US Virgin Islands
mm...and to complement that, this is what the crazies are selling the X to the crazies crazy enough to buy it:
Don't look at me.....
But those are backward approach...I guess I’ll wait see once its available to us
No love for PH
... but can i register two "faces" in settings? touch id allows multiple fingerprints.
(so i don't have to sneak out while he's sleeping? hahahaha)
By looking at pictures and videos, The phone design is just awful. This will give me an excuse to migrate to android.
Was on the road most of the day yesterday so I took the opportunity to play the Keynote and listen to the whole thing. Here's what I gathered and my thoughts on the iPhone X...
- for FaceID to work, you must look at the iPhone X with full attention... meaning you have to be directly looking at the phone for it to unlock. if your eyes are closed, face not 100% looking forward, etc., then it won't unlock. so for those who are worrying that their phones may be unlocked by someone else while you're sleeping then no need to worry at all (unless you sleep with your eyes open hahaha)
- one complaint I have with FaceID is that you now have 2 steps to unlock your phone... look into it for FaceID to recognize you then swipe up to unlock. Kinda doesn't make sense to me when all I have to do to unlock my 7 Plus is to click the home button to wake and unlock the phone at the same time... just 1 step vs the 2 steps on the X (well at least that's how Craig Federighi demoed it)
- yup... Craig's 1st attempt failed. And the internet mini-exploded on that one and is still pretty much on that blunder as I type this. But that happening is just gonna give everybody to talk about for a while. Of course, people are still gonna buy the X. At least I will. Soon. As soon as I find a way to raise that much dough without selling either kidney...
On the design:
- we've all seen the leaks... but after I saw it presented during the Keynote, that's when I truly amazed how the damn thing looks... of course, being biased and all. For some time now, I've been drooling about the Mi Mix and more recently the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 for their edge-to-edge screen and really seriously thought of switching to android just to try it out. But after seeing an edge-to-edge screen that has all of Apple's trimmings... man, I was literally screaming inside the car "Apple take my moneeeeeey!!"
- I must have missed from the leaks that the X is all glass. so if I'd ever own one, this might be the iPhone that I will totally not use a case with. With my 7 Plus now, I've started to use a very minimalist case (Peel) and no glass protector so I feel I'm ready to go totally no-case on this one
On the price:
- well, what else is there to say. I'm pretty surprised that so many people are all riled up about it being more expensive than the last model. It's as if Apple doesn't do so year after year. Yes, it's a a thousand US bucks. But for me (and I think a lot of other people), while it's gonna be a challenge raising that much to be able to use that much cutting-edge tech... boy is it gonna be so much worth it!
So there. If I think of anything else, I'll just add up on this post. Cant wait to get one
Well, as if that's gonna stop us genius Pinoys from finding a way to get our hands on one
Daming nega sa faceid. Hahahaha
Awful talaga, sir? Wondering what's a good design to you.
before there was EJK, there was PJK—prejudicial killing. di pa natitikman, ayaw na!
and notice how fandroids have gone negatron again on iphone x? whereas apple users couldn't be bothered to give a sh*t about android releases.
Can you post that video?
Those negatron about FaceID havent watched the keynote i guess. Samsung's face recognition and iPhone's FaceID are miles apart in terms of technology.