iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 13, 2017.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

IMG_2175.JPG
    That figures eh...

Sheryl., lsalapare, greta87 and 5 others like this.
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Dual OIS for the rear camera.
    Telephoto lens is f2.4

3. Sir iAco

Sir iAco Well-Known Member

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...Face ID is not the only security barrier. There are settings in iOS that you can use (example: enable restrictions) to prevent malicious or unauthorized use of your iPhone. Also, I think you can still opt out of Face ID and revert to six-digit passcode only if you are that concerned with device security.

5. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

I just got off the phone with the Apple peeps here in India and these are their selling price (putting phil peso conversion in brackets). The launch for India ifor the 8/8+ is Sept 29 and the X is November

iPhone 8
    64gb = ₹64,000 (approx Php 51k)
    256gb = ₹77,000 (approx Php 61k)

iPhone 8 Plus
    64gb = ₹73,000 (approx Php 58k)
    256gb = ₹86,000 (approx Php 68k)

iPhone X
    64gb = ₹89,000 (approx Php 71k)
    256gb = ₹102,000 (approx Php 81k)

Point of comparison, on end 2015 i got the SG rMB 512gb for ₹102,000!!!

Take note tho indian prices have insanely high taxes levied on electronic goods so the approx phil peso prices are on the high side. My guess it will be 5-6k cheaper as our Phil taxes on electronic goods are lower.

lsalapare, Roman, suavecito and 5 others like this.
  6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Face ID projects more than 30,000 invisible IR dots. The IR image and dot pattern are pushed through neural networks to create a mathematical model of your face and send the data to the secure enclave to confirm a match, while adapting to physical changes in appearance over time. All saved facial information is protected by the secure enclave to keep data extremely secure, while all of the processing is done on-device and not in the cloud to protect user privacy. Face ID only unlocks iPhone X when customers look at it and is designed to prevent spoofing by photos or masks.

No spoofing

hitme64 likes this.
  7. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Customers will be able to order iPhone Xbeginning Friday, October 27, with availability beginning Friday, November 3, in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, the US and US Virgin Islands

Not again.

CMWRay and raypin like this.
  8. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Hmm...

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...and to complement that, this is what the crazies are selling the X to the crazies crazy enough to buy it:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xiphone+x.TRS0&_nkw=iphon

Don't look at me.....:p

#89 raypin, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Sunil_K likes this.
  10. CMWRay

CMWRay Member

But those are backward approach...I guess I’ll wait see once its available to us

11. CMWRay

CMWRay Member

No love for PH :cry:

jetan likes this.
  12. pennylane

pennylane Member

... but can i register two "faces" in settings? touch id allows multiple fingerprints.

(so i don't have to sneak out while he's sleeping? hahahaha)

13. waks13

waks13 Active Member

By looking at pictures and videos, The phone design is just awful. This will give me an excuse to migrate to android.

14. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Was on the road most of the day yesterday so I took the opportunity to play the Keynote and listen to the whole thing. Here's what I gathered and my thoughts on the iPhone X...

On FaceID
    - for FaceID to work, you must look at the iPhone X with full attention... meaning you have to be directly looking at the phone for it to unlock. if your eyes are closed, face not 100% looking forward, etc., then it won't unlock. so for those who are worrying that their phones may be unlocked by someone else while you're sleeping then no need to worry at all (unless you sleep with your eyes open hahaha)
    - one complaint I have with FaceID is that you now have 2 steps to unlock your phone... look into it for FaceID to recognize you then swipe up to unlock. Kinda doesn't make sense to me when all I have to do to unlock my 7 Plus is to click the home button to wake and unlock the phone at the same time... just 1 step vs the 2 steps on the X (well at least that's how Craig Federighi demoed it)
    - yup... Craig's 1st attempt failed. And the internet mini-exploded on that one and is still pretty much on that blunder as I type this. But that happening is just gonna give everybody to talk about for a while. Of course, people are still gonna buy the X. At least I will. Soon. As soon as I find a way to raise that much dough without selling either kidney...

On the design:
    - we've all seen the leaks... but after I saw it presented during the Keynote, that's when I truly amazed how the damn thing looks... of course, being biased and all. For some time now, I've been drooling about the Mi Mix and more recently the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 for their edge-to-edge screen and really seriously thought of switching to android just to try it out. But after seeing an edge-to-edge screen that has all of Apple's trimmings... man, I was literally screaming inside the car "Apple take my moneeeeeey!!"
    - I must have missed from the leaks that the X is all glass. so if I'd ever own one, this might be the iPhone that I will totally not use a case with. With my 7 Plus now, I've started to use a very minimalist case (Peel) and no glass protector so I feel I'm ready to go totally no-case on this one

On the price:
    - well, what else is there to say. I'm pretty surprised that so many people are all riled up about it being more expensive than the last model. It's as if Apple doesn't do so year after year. Yes, it's a a thousand US bucks. But for me (and I think a lot of other people), while it's gonna be a challenge raising that much to be able to use that much cutting-edge tech... boy is it gonna be so much worth it!

So there. If I think of anything else, I'll just add up on this post. Cant wait to get one :)

potpot2 likes this.
  15. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Well, as if that's gonna stop us genius Pinoys from finding a way to get our hands on one (y)

blaziiing and jetan like this.
  16. mree

mree Active Member

Daming nega sa faceid. Hahahaha

blaziiing, Mykolant and rbenzon like this.
  17. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Awful talaga, sir? Wondering what's a good design to you.

18. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

mismo!

before there was EJK, there was PJK—prejudicial killing. di pa natitikman, ayaw na! :)

and notice how fandroids have gone negatron again on iphone x? whereas apple users couldn't be bothered to give a sh*t about android releases. :D

potpot2, blaziiing, rdy0329 and 11 others like this.
  19. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Can you post that video?

20. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Those negatron about FaceID havent watched the keynote i guess. Samsung's face recognition and iPhone's FaceID are miles apart in terms of technology.

blaziiing likes this.