iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Got mine last Nov. 12. So far so good. We're in Pinas so I don't think I'll experience the screen freezing in cold temps. I have my phone set up on my car for waze and the aircon vent is directly behind it so sometimes it get's really cold, but haven't experienced any freezing.

Screenburn, so far none too. Burn in, based on what I read, normally happens to AMOLED/OLED screens due to a static image and the phone being kept open in high brightness for long periods of time. From my experience with Samsung, it's normally the notif bars (battery icon, signal icon, etc) and the static app dock (the icons on the lower part of the screen) as well as the keyboard that are "burned-in". Trying to minimize possible burn in by keeping the brightness at low-medium settings. The phone is pretty bright, actually even at those lower settings. It's only when I'm outside and in direct sunlight that I crank the brightness.

Battery life for me has actually been awesome. I get about 13-14 hours daily with 5-6 hours Screen on Time and I consider myself a heavy user with Data or Wifi always on. 5 email accounts set to push. Facebook, calls, camera and games.

Greenline - crossing my fingers, it's not going to happen to my unit.

ronjet likes this.
  2. Rics

Rics Member

Similar to thermal throttling in pcs, they might have done the same to the iphones to protect the screen during low temps. Anyway, leave that problem to apple.

suigeneris likes this.
  3. law_ren22

law_ren22 Member

Just would like to share what ive noticed with the X OLED display vs. my LCD 7 plus, OLED display is good but it just feels too strong for my eyes. My eyes feel tired after watching youtube vids for a few mins, whereas on LCD, i feel far more comfortable. Does anyone else feel the difference?

4. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

Will Apple PH (online) do pre-ordering?

5. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

How cold does it get there?

It’s not too cold out here yet, I’ve gone on runs with the iPhone X and have taken pictures with temps in the mid 50s.. 12C no problem. In about a month it should get cooler, hopefully the update would be out by then.

6. AVG

AVG Member

Im digging this :LOL::LOL::LOL:

jhonas015 likes this.
  7. Pupkin

Pupkin Active Member

This time I’m taking my time with the iPhone X.
    I’ll wait for our official local resellers to have it. Not going to rush in G.Hills tiange like i always do, Because that thing is pricey i want a proper warranty and also help our local official store too. ‍♂️

jhonas015 and potpot2 like this.
  8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

1 in 4 are now saying that they would've gotten an iPhone 8, or 8Plus, than the X...it seems instead of moving far forward some would rather remain "old and wise" first...

Not that getting the X is a risky buy but given the nature of tech in smart phones there's just a few moments in between before a new one comes in albeit with better specs and spectacular prices...hence the pause for some to splurge now and then see the XS or Z or whatever it's gonna be called next come in and render that new iPhone they just bought meaningless...

Other than a gorgeous piece, what else separates this iPhone from a 7 or 8 anyway?

jhonas015 and ronjet like this.
  9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

yes. and this one is from the airport. crazy price

[​IMG]

10. zinedrei

zinedrei Member

give it a month or so and everything will be at normal prices :)
    if im not mistaken, HK gets it the same time as China so the demand will not be as big as before.

it doesn't snow in HK so im hoping the cold temp issue wont be a problem.

11. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

haha. just tried the online reservation and still in just 2 minutes the reservation is closed already maybe by mid january the demand will slow down.

also i almost bought one yesterday but the guy at DG store in times square said that by 3pm the stocks will arrive. i just said i can't i have a flight to catch.

[​IMG]

This is last Thursday. LOL how fast they changed prices

[​IMG]

12. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

that's why i'm in no rush to get mine. if i were moving up from a 5 or a 6, maybe, but i just don't see 70K worth of features above those of my 7 plus. i can wait a year, get it for half that (no more preterm), and maybe get the Xs by then ;)

gadgetmonger, ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

For me what separates the X from the iphone 7 and other iphones is that its a whole new experience. Yes it has new tech with some controversial, like face id, etc, the notch, but just like with much of what we like with the iphone, its not just one piece of tech hardware that makes it great, its how u interact with it and how seamless and gorgeous it looks all at the same time.
    Those who have it will rave about it but those who have yet to try it will indeed be sceptical, which is definitely justifiable given the high price and there’s iphone 8 with almost the same internals anyway, not to mention early quirks of a new build or form factor.

I read this somewhere in a review which hits the spot for me - the iphone 8 is for those who want the best of what apple had to offer the past 10 years, its like their finished product that has passed through years of refinement, while the iPhone X is for those who wants to experience apple’s vision of the future... now.
    So for those who can wait it out, that’s all well and good, for some like me who can’t wait then we can get the X, the good thing is we all have lots of options now from apple :)

14. zinedrei

zinedrei Member

same here, been trying since the first day.
    always unable to reserve one.
    got a 5.5k hkd voucher from mobile plan renewal then need to pay the rest by cash

units are being bought outside the Hysan Apple shop for around 11k hkd so that's 1k hkd profit for those lucky ones able to get their's early :)

ronjet, raypin and jetan like this.
  15. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic Well-Known Member

16. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

64GB iPhone X?
    918A2B16-3EDF-4BE5-BC78-2DDA033B3D92.jpeg
    No worries...

Micro SD with Adapter for iOS, USB Type C, Micro USB and USB Standard for Mac and PC.

No need to save files on your device that you do not frequently use like movies, etc. 64GB is more thank enough for me.

17. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

I got mine because Optus was kind enough not to ask pre-term fees. Just needed to pay remaining handset balance (iPhone 7) and renew for another contract (2 years) for the same plan. The amount I paid for the handset is almost the same price I’ll get if I sold the iPhone 7. So it was a no brainer for me

raypin and suigeneris like this.
  18. gxy22

gxy22 New Member

so my mom asked me to choose between these two options:

option 1: nintendo switch and iphone 8 plus

option 2: iphone x

would it be dumb for me to choose the iphone x? im leaning towards option 2. but.. the switch. haha. need your help guys!

19. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

Value wise, I think option 1 is higher. A switch with 2 games will cost p23K which is more than the difference between the iphone 8 and iphone X. Still, I can't deny the appeal of the X and I would say you can't go wrong choosing either option.

20. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

it depends on your need. i will go with option 1 if i am in your shoes.

thought hard about getting the X but i decided to go and try the note series again and so far the note 8 didn’t disappoint. i would have easily chosen the X if it is a bit bigger. having experienced 6 plus, 6S plus and 7 plus, i am no longer inclined to go back to a smaller phone.