iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by warmgreentea, Mar 22, 2016.

1. d.know

d.know Member

That's what I thought too, but most of the usual Apple reseller stores seemed to have put away all their 5S-sized cases :p

2. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

There's a lot of cases in Digibabe sir. They also sell Class A Apple Leather Cases if that's your thing. :)

3. sem_rs

sem_rs Member

where can i avail this at 12 ot 24 months zero interest?

4. ratburn

ratburn Member

Beyond the box is offering it for 24 months 0%. Saw it on their Facebook page.

5. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

If you have bdo visa, buy on Wednesday at beyond the box and get 20% off. Not sure if valid for straight transaction only.
    v
    is

6. ratburn

ratburn Member

Is it included in the BDO promo? It's not included in the list they posted online..

7. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

yes, the iPhone 5 SE is included in the BDO Visa promo. it has to be a straight charge for it to qualify for the 20% discount. kindly call the BTB Century City Mall branch to confirm stock availability prior to dropping by your preferred branch. thanks!

ratburn likes this.
  8. number001

number001 Active Member

For those who bought the SE locally, which model# are they selling here?

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-se

According to the link above, A1723 is what we get for our Philippines market. Just like to verify.

9. a9828

a9828 Member

is it just me, or is the phone app always hanging? i notice this a lot when switching between tabs (favorites, recent, contacts).

10. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Yes. It's A1723

11. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

why does it matter? just curious

12. raze19

raze19 Active Member

for local warranty purposes.

13. number001

number001 Active Member

The other model A1662, has less LTE band support and different countries' telecom support. In other words, the A1662 is more handicapped in terms of teleco compatibility when taken to different parts of this world.

14. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

thanks for the replies/info

15. Brian12

Brian12 New Member

I canvas last weekend for the price of iPhone SE at Apple Premium Resellers we have.
    Apple PH Online store is selling the iPhone SE in a much lower price. Is this normal?
    I will get one by next month that's why I'm looking who has a better deal.

16. cHad

cHad Active Member

Who has a iphone 7 and se? I'd like your opinion in switching from the 7 to se.

- i have a 7 256gb now but I only consumed 34gb so an SE with 64gb will be enough.
    - i don't use 3d touch often
    - i don't take selfies so the front facing camera will be fine. (I will give the 7 to someone who takes more selfies than me)
    - i'd think i will miss the touch sensitive home button.. but I might.
    - i don't use the speakers so there is no need for dual speakers.
    - I will replace it with a 'hardly used' SE pink that someone is selling for 65% of a brand new price.

but I do care about:
    - the quality of the screen. do pictures 'pop' less when viewed on the se?
    - typing. does it feel cramped? I've used alternate keyboards in the 7 but i always go back to the stock because of it's stability.
    - apps. do apps feel cramped?

17. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

1. screen quality is the same as iPhone 5s/5c = 2 generations behind iPhone 7 (Wide color compatibility and 30% more color) and 1 gen behind iPhone 6/6s (Dual domain pixel and photo aligned IPS)
    2. You'll need to re adjust to the typing feel since it is quite smaller. But this I tell you, I'd rather type on a 4" iPhone than a 5" android because of the accuracy.
    3. Thanks to scaling API, apps try their best to look great on the screen. The only issue would be when you're typing since it will take up 50% of the screen real estate. Long messages would require you to scroll to proof read what you typed.

PS You're also giving up TouchID 2 for the slower TouchID 1 (same as 5s), SE is still a great deal today but once you've tried the best, you'll notice what it lacks instead of the value of the whole package.

18. cHad

cHad Active Member

Appreciate the reply rdy0329.

Well initially I wanted my 7 to replace my laptop as a go to device to consume media and take down notes. But I learned that you can't really take down notes as fast on a phone than on a laptop with an actual keyboard and cursor. I feel that I have an under utilized phone.
    1. well.. that is unfortunate. 2 generations.. I didn't know about the 6/6s screen enhancements; I thought that the increase in resolution and size was the only upgrade at that time.
    2. ok noted.
    3. Thats ok I guess; typing long messages on the 7 is not fun either. I prefer one line replies.
    4. i can probably live with touchID 1. It is better than swiping on the 1st generation samsungs.

... :(

19. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ I got the 6S when it came out and I did enjoy the bigger screen real estate, fast Touch ID, 3D Touch, etc but I grabbed an SE when it came out. 6S went to my wife. I'm still as productive as I did when I had my 6S :)

20. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Active Member

You already tried the faster touchid of 7. Once you go back to SE you'll find it very annoying even though half a second delay lang sya.

Just in case you decided to keep the 7, let me know the seller because im currently looking for a pink SE (sabay ganun hehe)