iPhone- deleted contact number still shows

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by van, Feb 14, 2017.

1. van

van New Member

Hello!

I can't seem to find the solution online and thought maybe someone here knows...

The problem: "Mike" in my contacts list used to have 1234 as his old number. Today, I updated it to the new one 5678. Whenever I prepare a text message and select Mike as the recipient, the dropdown shows both numbers for Mike-- which is confusing since the old one is no longer in use.

I've deleted old call logs and messages already, so I'm not sure where else the old number is stored. I've even turned off Settings>Contacts> Contacts in Apps and still the old number shows.

Help, please? Thanks!

2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I think the old number of "Mike" is still in the Recents list. Try this: Quick Tip: Clear unwanted contacts from Messages.

mcarlos223, greta87 and bhoyetjumpay like this.
  3. van

van New Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh :D this is why this forum rocks... spent 2 hours researching, you solved it in one post. Thanks, Roman!!

ronjet and Roman like this.
  4. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Cheers, bro!

5. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

You can delete an old number, but karma never forgets. :D

mcarlos223, bacchus_3, ronjet and 2 others like this.
  6. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

A Happy Valentines post-problem! ;)

Cheers! ;)