iPhone 8 and 8 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Roman, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cruzargel

cruzargel Member

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

• Customers will be able to order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning Friday, September 15, with availability beginning Friday, September 22, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, the US and US Virgin Islands.
    • iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be available in Andorra, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, India, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia and Slovenia beginning Friday, September 29.
    Philippines is not on the list again. Naunahan pa ng Taiwan

Oh well sa HK nalang

3. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic Well-Known Member

Since iPhone 5S the PH release tends to be 3rd week November for Globe and Smart.

4. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

For the iPhone 8 / 8+ previous years' release sched for PH may still be Oct/Nov but we may have to wait longer for the iPhone X.

shootertwist likes this.
  5. yoh_hectic

/me looks at the title of the thread and sees it is about iPhone 8. :)

iPhone X on the other hand I expect it to ship in PH by Q1 2018.

suigeneris likes this.
  6. markandapps

markandapps Member

iPhone 8 base model price is now reasonable. With 64gb & almost same specs. I don't mind the single rear cam. Is hevc h.265 and heif good to go for ios 11? It will, at most, double the capacity of the 64gb.

7. jessejay

jessejay Member

+ water & dust resistant =)

8. suigeneris

Haha sorry. Was shifting between the two threads. :)

9. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

Isnt iphone 7 water/dust resistant? Or water lang? Hehe sorry i might have missed it hehe

10. shootertwist

Bro does hk apple stores now allow walk in or lining up for the release? I remembered before they sort of have a lottery and its for local residents only... just curious as i’m planning to get an iphone x in hk or sg if i cant wait for local release hehe... thanks in advance :)

11. jetan

they do walkin. you just have to get the reservation before hand online. it starts 8am HK time. last time during iPhone 7 release 8am the reservation opens 805am its sold out already.

you need to have a HK cellphone number (prepaid is ok).

12. jetan

earlier some asked about the iPhone 8 and iPhone X at Globe trinoma. the globe personnel just said theres no release date yet so better wait. i just cant tell that ill get mine abroad instead. LEL.

13. yoh_hectic

Front liners wouldn't know anything. But I base my statements on past release schedule.

jetan likes this.
  14. scubadiverdaw

scubadiverdaw Member

the difference between ip7+ and ip8+

quoted from macrumors ---

• The key new features of the iPhone 8 Plus include a new glass-backed design, True Tone display, faster A11 Bionic chip, wireless charging, fast charging, 4K video recording at up to 60 FPS, and Bluetooth 5.0.
    i dont think its enough for me to switch to the ip8+ so i will be keeping my ip7+ for another year.

15. blaziiing

blaziiing Member

Hi guys question! Tho im not sure if this will be the right thread. Planning to change my Samsung S7 to an iPhone 7 plus but as of now, 50k pa din ang price nia sa apple store. I'm not sure if Apple will reduce it further to 45k for the 256 gb variant. Pero let's say they will reduce it further, 5k~ na lang I can have the iPhone 10 na if I ask my friend from the US to buy it for me.

Question: will there be a problem regarding warranty if I buy the phone from the US?

16. suigeneris

Yes. Apple has country/region specific warranty for iPhones. In the past, local authorized resellers honor warranty for iPhones which are bought outside of PH but have the same Model as the PH release.

17. jetan

Warranty is still on local store. If US then only us store can claim warranty

18. shootertwist

Sorry bro medyo na confuse ako hehe, so if i was to go to hk for the iphone x release, i will need to be there personally and hope i get that reservation? Do they also have preorder? Say can i preorder here in manila and have it delivered to a relative’s address in hk? Thanks in advcance bro :)

19. jetan

yes. you need to be physically for walk-in. if you have a relative living there "WITH HK ID" you can preorder but it must be under his name instead.

[​IMG]

last year release.

[​IMG]

ronjet likes this.
  20. rdy0329

rdy0329 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the HK/China release wont be as chaotic as last year's since most Chinese would gun for iPhone X in November. Even so, I think iPhone X will take off 40% of the demand from iPhone 8. We'll see later how fast it will sell out though.