iPhone 7 / 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by sandybridge_guy, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Philmuger

Philmuger Member

I'm having problems with signal consistency on my iPhone 7 Plus which I connect to my car. Updated it and still no dice. On the other hand, with my bose soundlink headphones 2, all I had to do was update the firmware and it seems fine now.

2. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

I am also having the same issue with the bluetooth. Its a hit and miss though, sometimes its there, but most of the time it isnt. but then again, this fault is so frustrating especially now they have boldy removed the headphone jack to advocate the use of wireless audio devices instead. Hope an update will fix this soon.

3. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm wondering what the rumored Product Red 7/7Plus would look like. Would they have the same, white face like the iPods? or could be something completely new this time and introduced with a black face - that matching with a red backing could spell lots of sales for Apple.

Now, if only I could sell my jet black.... :p

4. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I installed the latest update (10.3 beta 3) on my 7 Plus - in almost 4 hours of Bluetooth streaming there have been no skips and stutters yet. Wow

5. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^that's good to hear, though personally I don't experience it on my iphone 7+ using the airpods

6. Provboy

I know, I hope the update fixes it too for all those affected. There is a 50+ page thread on the official Apple discussion forums about this Intel modem version.

7. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Cross fingers. Almost every midnight i use my bluetooth samsung active headset while i'm watching youtube vlogs and for the past 3 months never encountered bt issues

iPhone 7

8. mjjm

mjjm Member

had mine updated to beta 3 as well. no issue on bluetooth connected to car nor my soundlink earphone

9. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

This is a handy thing to have when both my Bluetooth headset and my iPhone 7 need charging but I also need to listen to something at the same time via a traditional earphone jack.

It's a lightning splitter that I bought at Abacus Theater Mall for 250 pesos.

[​IMG]

greta87, munchkiie, Sunil_K and 3 others like this.
  10. joethemobile01

Just experience AirPods disconnecting via 10.2.1 on 7+. Hopefully this will be fully fixed on 10.3. It dc's rarely though but a bit annoying.

11. stickfighter

stickfighter Member

Hi guys. Thinking on jumping the gun on getting an iP7+. For those that already have this, what is better...the matte black or the jet black?

12. mree

mree Active Member

It's best to see the phones in a store, for you to really know which you prefer. Right before I bought one, my mind was set on the Jet Black, but upon seeing both, I thought the Jet Black was too reminiscent of the 3G and 5C, so I settled for the Black.

13. Provboy

Updated to 10.3 beta 4 a few hours ago, Bluetooth really is fine now. Glad Apple sorted it out after 5 months. Better late than never.

10.3 also converts the file system to AFS. From 100gb free on 10.2, I now have 108gb free on 10.3

sandybridge_guy and jayparalejas like this.
  14. stickfighter

stickfighter Member

Good tip. Thanks! I shall check em out :)

15. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Question sirs. Is Beyond the box still selling iPhone 7 Plus 32gb? If so how much and do we still have discounts? TIA

16. stickfighter

stickfighter Member

Its best to email them directly at sales@beyondthebox.ph :)

17. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I used to have a matte black 32GB then after couple weeks of thinking back and forth, I returned it and settled for a 128GB jet black.

I feared the rumors about the smaller-capacity iPhones are true VS 128GB ones, as electronic facts dictates that the more "room" there is in an SSD, the better the files can be moved around.

Now, if you don't concern yourself with capacity and is merely asking for a preference for finish, I'd say mree is right. Nothing beats personally experiencing them in an Apple store and holding both in your hands.

Besides, once you put a case on it, it'll likely not matter anymore :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  18. fcdiesta

fcdiesta Well-Known Member

And so it begins... My Apple provided heaphone adapter (3.5mm to Lightning) is now starting to act up. It starts and stops my music (and occasionally calls up Siri) when I put the phone in my pocket with the headphones plugged in. I think it's acting as if the "play" button on the headphone's in-line remote is being pressed. I might just need to buy a new adapter -- maybe a third-party one from a reputable brand (Belkin?) this time.

19. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Isn't this covered by the warranty? It has just been a couple of months after all.

fcdiesta likes this.
  20. fcdiesta

fcdiesta Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Good thing there's an Apple Store on my way home. I dropped in and had the connector replaced. They also ran a full diagnostic test on my iPhone (which it passed) to determine that the phone was not at fault. Everything's working well now :)