iPhone 7 / 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by sandybridge_guy, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bigfleet

Bigfleet New Member

Finally got a matte black 128gb 7+ sa SnR cong. 2 days ago. They had 2 jet black 7+s at that time.

Went home happy but no groceries.

What caught my attention was it wad launch priced 50,989.
    Lower than prevailing 52,9xx.

#1281 Bigfleet, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i believe SnR has a penchant for offering iPhones at a slightly lower price than the srp. a small discount is better than nothing i guess. good for you amigo!

jayparalejas likes this.
  3. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

http://www.apple.com/ph/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7#01,10

price is still 50990

4. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^yup that has been the price ever since, and 56,990 for the 256, i remembered it since i added 6k on my budget to get the 256gb hehe

5. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

jetan likes this.
  6. ChampsÉlysées

Idk what's wrong with my iPhone 7.

When I woke up this morning, I immediately checked my phone. My auto-rotate wasn't turned off, eh I was still in bed, so sa messages, my screen rotated. When I tried fixing it, Nawala ung bar on the upper part of the screen (the bar that displays the time, signal and battery). It won't go back, so I decided to turn off my phone.

Now I can't turn it back on. Pressing the on button on the side, bumubukas lang ung phone to the black screen with the white apple logo, and then it turns off again. Tried hard resetting (pressing the home button and the volume down key) but still, it won't turn on properly.

IDK what's wrong.

HELP!

7. speeds

speeds Member

Probably drain. Try Charging it for a while. If it still won't open try connecting it to iTunes.

ChampsÉlysées likes this.
  8. ChampsÉlysées

It was at around 90% before I turned off my iPhone.

9. macjobber

macjobber Active Member

As always, try resetting your phone.

Power and home button pressed simultaneously for 6 seconds until the Apple logo comes out.

10. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

I'm not sure if you wrote that incorrectly, but for the iPhone 7 you press the power/lock and volume down button simultaneously. The home button plays no part in this.

11. ChampsÉlysées

Yes, power button and volume down button. My mistake. I guess I was too worried when I was typing down.

Tried calling Apple Support PH, but unfortunately, voice prompt told me that the Call Centre is closed. Luckily, I have a US line, so i tried calling Apple iPhone support and the guy I spoke with helped me restoring my iPhone through the DFU mode. Now i'm just waiting for my iCloud restore and i'm good to go. Although I still don't know what went wrong with my iPhone in the first place.

12. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

here's a guy who put a glowing apple logo on his 7 plus (cool mod, but not for the faint of heart):

[​IMG]

13. mree

mree Active Member

Looks really nice! Then if you can't live without a case, get one of those cases with holes on the apple logo area. I'm one of those who will never have the balls to do the mod. Lol.

14. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My iP7 survived a 4-ft fall down the toilet bowl and waddled there for like one minute before I had my senses returned to retrieve it (of course, that was in between a lot of hoots and shouts because the dog took the opportunity to drink from the bowl also...)

Washed it down on tap and then dried it with the table cloth...no need to turn it off...played iTunes on the speaker, worked well...tried to call and still works top-notch...

Ate cake and hummed the whole day...

jayparalejas and suigeneris like this.
  15. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

I hope the toiler bowl was clean...

... for the sake of your iPhone and your Dog :)

jayparalejas and hitme64 like this.
  16. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh that looks soooo freakin' awesome!

If somebody could do it, surely Apple itself could. Now I know what to wish for on the iPhone 8. Hey Tim and co. I hope you're watching this...

17. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

The Moment macro lens for my 7 plus arrived today from Shenzhen via UPS (a most circuitous route via HK, Incheon, back to China, then Clark!)

I attached the holder, then the lens, and took two quick test shots. Am very happy (will post the shots later) but have yet to master the use of the lens. Will let you folks know.

18. ivin

ivin Active Member

well i gave up my matte iphone 7 plus for....
    iphone 7 jet black ..haha! never been happier! :D
    the plus sizes are just too much to handle for one handed-ness and pocketability.

19. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

I'm planning and thinking to go the other way. Hahaha

The jetblack is so pretty you don't get to enjoy it that much because you always worry about getting it scratched or have it filled with fingerprints & smudges...all the time!

20. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting. I was wondering if these attachment lenses could be used on the dual camera set-up of the iPhone 7 plus. Eager to see the results and the short review. :)