iPhone 7 / 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by sandybridge_guy, Sep 8, 2016.

1. christianz30

christianz30 Member

I didn't expect the iPhone to break... My sister accidentally dropped her old iPhone 5C from the 6th floor of our condo and it's glass didn't break(landed on concrete with no case but probably on its back...)

2. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

3. mree

mree Active Member

My 3D touch doesnt vibrate when I use it. All other vibrate seems to be working fine.

4. melvel

melvel Member

[​IMG]

My 7+ has a crack on the front after my niece dropped the phone face first. Got the unit from Globe last December 6.

Didn't get AppleCare or anything extra from Globe. Can I still get the screen replaced for free?

5. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i'm afraid not amigo. i'm sorry. best advice would be is to live with it till the warranty expires then if it still bothers you after then, you may try consulting with resident mugger @ll_esquivias for a screen replacement.

here's his repair thread:
    http://www.philmug.ph/community/thr...do-we-have-it-here.38675/page-69#post-1459201

6. cruzargel

cruzargel Member

But what's the use of the remaining warranty now that the screen is cracked?

If you will try to claim in the future, would not Apple just say that the warranty is void due to a physical damage?

7. cruzargel

cruzargel Member

Just restart the phone. Happened to me once.

Walang tempered glass installed?

8. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

reason i mentioned that earlier was after having read about instances before wherein customers were able to claim warranties on their Apple products against internal factory defects in spite of the usual wear and tear (counting this screen crack in) on their iDevices.

Apple's investigation may have deemed these defects as having occured independent of the iPhone being dropped for example. (thus having been the probable cause for the the said crack)

but if you really wanted to check if you could still claim warranty on possible internal defects within the first year of purchase in spite of the aforementioned, (and please correct me if i'm wrong amigos) you may want to call Apple Support Ph at this toll free no.

now, if it really is that much of an eyesore which we all understand as being the case (this will always depend on one's tolerance for such) then there's nothing stopping him now from having the said screen replaced at one's trusted 3rd party repair shop or as i've suggested, through the link i have provided.

i wish @melvel all the best! here's hoping he comes up with a resolution that he'd be happy with moving forward.

#1268 pochiman, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  9. melvel

melvel Member

Thanks for your replies, everyone! (BTW, I am a "she")

I will probably just have it replaced by Apple even if I have to pay a little. It does bother me looking at the screen (and I'm also concerned the crack might get bigger)

And no, unfortunately, no tempered glass installed, since I just got the phone. Didn't have time with the Christmas rush and all to even get a proper case for it.

Oh well, serves me right, I guess.

10. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Why don't you get a full screen tempered glass, the one which has color so it covers the crack?

11. arubeto

arubeto Member

If you got this from globe as part of your plan, weren't you given a free one month gadget care? Haven't tried availing this but its supposed to lessen the amount of what you need to pay (participation fee) to have the phone replaced

12. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

Yep, they offered the iPhone 7/7+ with one month free Gadget Care. These are the steps to take.

Well, it's better than nothing. :)

13. mree

mree Active Member

Because my phone got real dirty yesterday, I have washed it with a liquid soap. I probably shouldn't have done it, despite the IP certification but hey, now my phone is very clean.

jmprz likes this.
  14. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Woops 2 cracked devices this December =)

Drops are not covered by the limited warranty. It would be covered by AppleCare+ though which isn't available in the Philippines.

Anyway, update. Since NZ doesn't have an official store (no genius bar etc), we won't get a NZD 49 ($29 in the US) screen replacement through AppleCare+. Instead we will have to pay for a full replacement (if we understand the tech guy correctly) which is NZD 169. At least we get to keep the warranty!

15. number001

number001 Member

16. ivin

ivin Active Member

already had my matte black 7 plus for 2 months. no peeling so far

17. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

none on my iphone 7+... and for what it's worth my slate black iphone5 also didnt have the so-called peeling problems after a year of use, no case on etc..

just an update on the 7+ battery, still amazed how long it lasts, after leaving the office last night at 100%, mine now has 6 hours and five minutes usage and 17hrs 30mins standby and still has 20% left... all with data on, bluetooth on apple watch and jaybird bluebuds x2, and even watched around 20mins on NBA league pass using cellular data

18. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Hi Guys do we have Rhino Shield Tempered Glass for iP7+ here already can you kindly share where can I buy thank you

19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

7 Plus meets 4S LEL.

20. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member