iPhone 6s has small electric shock while charging

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by koppee1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

A friend just returned an 6s to globe typo have it exchanged because you could feel a slight electric shock while it's charging. The newly replaced unit even has a stronger shock! All original cables and plugs...anyone else experience this? The first one felt like a lot of small vibrations..this second one..isn't that small anymore....

2. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! From what part of the iPhone can you feel the shock? I usually don't use my phone while charging especially when its connected directly to a power source (electricity). Did the store felt it too upon replacement?

3. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

You can actually feel it through out the back of the phone. But easiest is near the top and bottom. I switch service felt it and have notice for replacement and glove replaced. On the second unit whmuch actually had a sstronger "current", I switch service felt it but said can't do another dupkicate report and just have globe change it. Glove wwanted a report so went to power Mac service who said it was normal. The new vibrate sensor or something. I'm not so sure. I have one 6s plus that didn't do it...and know of another 6s plus that does. Also from globe actually. So one out of 4 doesnt do this....and it's the only one not from globe..

4. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Did i read that right?... PMC said it was normal?? What kind of an idiot and a half would consider this freakin' normal?? **facepalm** o_O

5. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm about to comment on this as I read your post sir mongkee. :) you should never feel any form of electric shock in any smartphone or computer. Haha.

How does it feel? Like, it has some ground or something when charging? I remember that at the back part of our iMac, If you touch it or run your finger on it, you can feel that there's this slight roughness of the aluminum. I don't know if its because of the current or what. Same with my mba. May be the same with the back part of our iPhone?

6. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

you should also try:
    1. charge the replacement unit with other chargers
    2. use the replacement charger with other 6s units

so you could isolate whether it's the charger or the unit that's causing the ground. if on both cases there's still ground, there might be a chance that it's your house's electric wiring that's at fault...