iPhone 6 Plus iSight Camera Replacement Program. Is yours eligible?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by denpacs, Aug 22, 2015.

1. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger Well-Known Member

At the Apple Store. It only took only an hour.

2. camillediaz

camillediaz Active Member

Power Mac? :) Or are you abroad?

3. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger Well-Known Member

It was done abroad at the Apple Store in Toronto.

4. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

i was at BTB earlier and asked about this and they told me if it's not showing symptoms of the defect it will not be replaced just yet.

5. argonautjay

argonautjay Member

Had mine checked at iStore Cebu. Was told that the camera parts would still be ordered from SG. Waiting period for the repair was about a month daw. I went ahead anyway. Got it back after 10 days. :)

6. This is Yggi

This is Yggi New Member

Hi. Pls help me to where can i have my iphone 6+ camera replaced with original one. My phone fone is included in the recall but my prob is it was purchased in the US. Apple stores here would only cater those that were only purchased here.i am willing to shoulder the charge,i just dont like to take the risk of sending it back to the US. Than you.

7. number001

number001 Member

My 6 plus' serial is part of the replacement program.

I just noticed it is slower to focus when zoomed onto something. Is this normal?

8. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

I guess since you mentioned that the SN of your 6 Plus is part of the replacement program, it means Apple recognizes that your phone "may" have a problem and you are sure of the replacement unit via any Apple Service Centers. However, I also understand the concern of not having the phone and the patience it takes to wait for the replacement. But if there is available unit the same as yours (colors, storage capacity) you can get an outright replacement right then and there. Try QCD Galleria.

9. camillediaz

Only the camera is replaced, not the entire unit :)

10. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

Our
    AFAIK, our Apple Service Centers here in the Philippines do not repair iPhones, only Macs are being repaired here. Defective iPhones are sent to Singapore for replacement.

11. camillediaz

I called BTB Greenhills and QCD a couple of weeks ago, only the camera module will be replaced.

12. number001

number001 Member

I don't know if the local service centers will be able to disassemble and install everything back together well. I mean the iphones now are becoming more and more difficult to repair with each new iteration every year. But there are some here who have theirs repaired and no complains from them so far.

13. Ina

Ina Member

My iPhone 6 Plus is eligible for the iSight replacement program. Wondering if I can take it to BTB.

14. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

just curious, among the members who took in their iPhones for this repair service, how long did you have to wait? i called BTB Greenhills today and i was quoted 3-4 days for check up - and i'm worried that the repair will take a long time because i'm due to travel for work soon.

any ideas for fast/er service via the official channels would be greatly appreciated.

15. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

updating - took it in at QCD Robinsons Galleria. got the unit back in about 4 hours :D

16. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Anybody availed this program?

I just want to verify if they will replace just the camera or whole unit? Base on what i read its either camera only or whole unit.

Thanks

17. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Update. Left my phone @power mac sm north (nearest)(sunday). They told me i have to pay 6,000 pesos because my battery is already (consumed) - Sunday before they replace the camera. and needs apple approval incase to fix the camera if i don't avail the battery replacement. - Declined told them just replace the camera.

Monday - i received a call telling me exception was approved by apple. and they can replace the battery for 5,100 instead of 6k.

declined the battery replacement. just the camera will be fixed. and yes Camera lang papalitan.