iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johannes, Sep 10, 2015.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm......just went ahead and bought the Apple Magic Keyboard. Not backlit but, in all other aspects, it is a dream to use and works well with the iPad Pro 12.9. Decent key travel, lightweight, comfortable to type on (fast, accurate touch typing possible). Now to memorize the keyboard shortcuts..........

rps20160825_195749.jpg

Bonus: the Apple Magic Keyboard works on Android devices via bluetooth (tried it on the Samsung Tab S2). It also works on Windows laptops via USB connection (tried it on the Surface Book).

#321 raypin, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    docjbr likes this.
  2. m4r14n

m4r14n Active Member

Is your netflix still working well with getflix?

3. raypin

mmm...as of last night, blocked sa iPad Pro but unblocker successful sa Samsung Tab S2 and WDTV. Okay rin sa Android smartphone. Netflix is an ass.....

Sunil_K likes this.
  4. raypin

Mmm.....what external storage solutions do you use? Wired, wiresless or just cloud? IPad Pro 128 GB internal is not enough for Tidal.com. Need/want to use a reliable and easy to use external for mass storage of pics, vids and other files. TIA.

5. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

Anyone tried the new USB 3.0 with power adapter for the iPad Pro? Can it be used with external drives like 1TB WD Passport? I know it will work with most flash drives and SD cards but I'm curious if it will with larger external drives

6. raypin

Mmmm...got Netflix US with Getflix working again on my iPad Pro 12.9. I have 2 wifi routers at home and, on the other one, Netflix works. I checked the setting of the working unit and the DNS is the default, not Getflix suggested. Only the IP address was updated on Getflix.

7. docjbr

docjbr Well-Known Member

pinoyslinger likes this.
  8. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

I hope BTB will adjust their prices soon so I can avail of their 24 months 0% promo.

pinoyslinger likes this.
  9. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

If you click the buy button now, it says that there's something special for us! New low price i guess! :)

10. kinse_44

They already lowered the price yesterday. From what I remember the iPad Pro 12.9 128gb cellular model was listed just a little below P55k.

docjbr and pinoyslinger like this.
  11. docjbr

docjbr Well-Known Member

They have? There ya go, will be dropping by this weekend

12. kinse_44

Just to be clear in my previous post about the new prices I was referring to the online PH Apple store, not any local Apple Premium Resellers.

I checked Switch earlier when I happened to be in the mall and they still list their iPads without the new price adjustments.

13. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Member

So my Smart Keyboard Cover damaged my iPad Pro in the exact same way that the old Smart Covers with the metal hinges damaged my old iPads. I thought they solved this when they changed the Smart Cover hinges to the polyurethane/microfiber lining material—I know that my old iPad Air didn't have this, and I used to use a Smart Cover with it all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would anyone know if I can have our local AppleCare centers address this? Or is this just normal wear and tear?
    IMG_0839.JPG

14. raypin

Mmm....it looks like wear and tear. It can't be repaired. Just put a sticker on it or something, perhaps a matching gray color.

15. docjbr

docjbr Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a good deal, in getting the iPad Pro 12.9? Still beating myself up for not getting it back in December, when Century Mall had that "10% voucher" thing. So far, the only deal I know of is BPI's thing (hey, you get a bucket of chicken joy, hahaha!) Any ideas on other promos?

16. zdn1042

zdn1042 Member

My sister just bought an iPad Pro 9.7. I was wondering if the lightning port is really a little loose compared to other Apple devices?

17. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Member

Hi guys. Need your advice.

My Smart Keyboard for my 12.9" stopped working. Started experiencing issues two weeks ago. Tried everything the Apple Support / forums advised (reboot, reset settings/network settings, hard reboot, etc.) to varying degrees of success, but now it has stopped working completely. Haven't yet tried wiping and restoring, though.

I do think it's a weird software issue, because I tried it on someone else's 9.7" Pro, and it worked. I also tried the 9.7" Smart Keyboard on mine, and it worked too.

I'm a little miffed—I think my only option now is to take it to a service center. There's a Power Mac Center service center that's convenient to get to, but I purchased mine at Beyond the Box Century City last March. Would it be worth the trek to take it to the BTB Service Center in Greenhills instead?

Really hoping for the quickest way to replace, or fix it. And I'd also really rather not leave my iPad with them too since I need it for work.

What do you guys think?

18. dezoar

dezoar New Member

I experienced that with my old iPad 4. I thought it was a little ironic, actually, because the thing that was supposed to protect it was what caused the damage.

mikeyllorin likes this.
  19. julmercado

julmercado Member

How much is the resale value of the iPad Pro 12.9" 128gb? It been used for 1 yr and 4 mos. Selling price in the online apple store is Php 47,990.

20. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member