iPad mini 2 just went black & white for no reason

Discussion in 'iPad' started by markandapps, Dec 14, 2016.

1. markandapps

markandapps Member

I have a 3yr old iPad mini 2 32gb running ios 10.0.2. Just today at 6pm it went solo activation mode for no reason at all and the screen was black and white. I went to login my icloud account and after that, still the screen was black & white. What's wrong with it? Do I need a screen replacement?
    Earlier this day at 10am, I used my SanDisk iXpand on my boss's cousin's iPhone 7 256gb. My boss wanted to extract songs from the iPhone 7. Upon inserting the SanDisk iXpand, the companion app wanted a firmware update but I canceled the update. Unfortunately, it resulted the SanDisk iXpand being unable to read by its app. Next, I connected the iPhone 7 to my MacBook 2015 but iTunes prompted me to download the latest version of it, again I canceled the update because internet was slow that time and they were in a hurry. It resulted iTunes not reading the iPhone 7. OMG!
    At 12nn, I tested my SanDisk iXpand with my iPad mini 2 and it was working fine. The companion app on the ipad mini 2 wasn't asking for a firmware update like it did with the iPhone 7.

Fast forward to 6pm, I opened my ipad mini 2, it was on activation mode and the screen is black and white.
    Is SanDisk iXpand responsible for this trouble?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

I don't think anything you said you've done could've possibly lead to the present state of your display, but just for the sake of assurance have you already tried checking your accessibility settings to make certain that grayscale isn't enabled anywhere? There have been numerous cases where black/white or grayscale activated at random.

#2 Edelheid, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    markandapps likes this.
  3. markandapps

markandapps Member

Thank you po. Indeed grayscale was activated randomly. Relief! Now my problem is SanDisk iXpand flash drive is not reading by its companion app despite both of them are up to date and my ipad mini 2 is already updated to the latest ios 10.