iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johannes, Oct 17, 2014.

1. hazeru

hazeru Member

Yeah, they've been out of stock for weeks now. I got mine from this place called One Stop Shop Gadgets. They seemed to have the closest price to BTB's.

ellenmitchie likes this.
  2. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

Thanks! Will check them! I've been looking for one. :)

3. vrl29

vrl29 Member

Does anyone here know where to buy a Privacy Tempered Glass for the iPad Air 2? I have been looking to several APRs, and they don't seem to carry one...

4. dpee

dpee New Member

I was planning to get one today! Lo and behold the Air 2s are sold out. As an aside, do you guys know where to get these things engraved? I might get one from the online store if its still out of stock in the malls.

5. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

Apple Online Store offers engraving for free when you buy from them.

6. number001

number001 Member

I also noticed this short on supply for the Air 2 also. The new 32gb variant maybe understandable bec it was just announced 2 weeks ago. The 128gb version has been around since its launch in late 2014 so there should be stocks of it in the APRs. Or maybe they are holding sales of existing stocks of 128gb pending price adjustment advisory from Apple?

7. dendejr

dendejr New Member

Hello guys. An hour ago my ipad screen started displaying in weird colors. I tried to take some photos with my iphone and it looks like these:
    15595924_1286227011441357_448592234_o.jpg
    15645453_1286227098108015_1287497295_n.jpg
    There are times that it'll revert to a normal one but after a couple of seconds, it goes back to being weird. Does anyone knows what's wrong with my ipad? Haven't dropped it or anything but it starts doing that while I'm using it earlier. I tried to get a screenshot from the ipad itself but it's giving me a normal screenshot when I tried to upload it to my computer. I hope someone could help me with this one. tia

8. benzng

benzng Active Member

guys planning on getting an ipad air 2, any truth to the rumour that the 3 will release next month?

9. neoarmstrong

neoarmstrong New Member

Anyone know where else can I buy an Air wifi only 1st gen (preferably online)? I've checked pretty much everywhere and all they have are the newer models (ipad air 2, mini 2 and 4).

10. JAO

JAO New Member

Apple store in resorts world have ipad air stock the last time i checked.

11. aragorn_109

aragorn_109 Well-Known Member

Apple just replaced the iPad Air 2 with "The new iPad". A9 Processor and at a lower price point (starts at $329).

12. cHad

cHad Member

i still have the ipad 4 at home for public consumption for fb and browsing ... no incentive to upgrade to any newer model. Wait another year?

13. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

Apple is giving the 9.7" iPad a proverbial CPR to entice users of older-generation iPads to upgrade. At just $429 (probably will initially come to around PHP 23-25k landed) for the 128GB model, it's probably the cheapest 128GB iPad to date. I remember getting my iPad Air 1 a few years ago for around 10k more than that.

14. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

My wallet is actually thankful for these minor iPad updates. As long as my iPad Air 2 is breathing with little drawbacks (e.g. minimal lag here and there, but not enough to disrupt my workflow) there's no need for a new purchase unless they entice me with something significantly better. I'm still waiting for the purported iPad redesign slated for 2018 if not later this year.

jayparalejas likes this.
  15. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

16. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

Good for you.

I still have two 2nd gen and one 1st gen iPads at home that are used by my wife and two kids. If I choose to upgrade, my iPad Air 1 will likely go to my wife and push out the 1st gen iPad to a desktop weather/clock task.

These things just refuse to die.

jesusluison and Sunil_K like this.
  17. gpo74

gpo74 Active Member

any idea as to when these new ipads will be available here in manila?

18. strayWOLF

strayWOLF Member

Hope they markdown prices of the Air 2 before the new iPad arrives. :)

19. number001

number001 Member

^Nah I doubt it. Seeing that the Air 2 still has the some clear advantage in specs over the "new" iPad, stocks of the former will be flying off the shelves by now, if not sold out.

I have been trying to buy Air 2 late last year and it seems to be out of stock whenever I inquire.

20. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

After seeing the new iPad it only brought me more reason to hold on to my iPad Air 2 even longer. For a media-centric device, I'd strongly prefer it to actually weigh less, especially since it's the primary device for clearing my overwhelming backlog of games. (Looking at you Pavilion, Death Road to Canada, Sunless Sea, Ticket to Earth, and OXENFREE.) If I didn't already have one in my possession it still would have been an easy decision to aim for the iPad Air 2.

#320 Edelheid, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017 at 11:10 PM