iOS 9 Official

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by jeffrod, Sep 17, 2015.

1. hellobilly83

hellobilly83 Member

after updating to 9.1, i saw a new app ( wonder wall ) on my homescreen.

2. benzng

benzng Active Member

battery drain on 9.0.2 hopefully fixed in 9.1

jerrychu likes this.
  3. hellobilly83

hellobilly83 Member

check your battery usage- i guess it's the Facebook app draining your battery. Update your facebook app ! ( ver 42 )

shutterbug likes this.
  4. gpo74

gpo74 Active Member

is it me or ios 9? I got a new ipad air 2 and wanted to transfer some of my apps from my ipad 3 to my air 2. both ipads are on the latest version 9.1. when I sync either via itunes or via icloud the app which already has some game accomplishments (from ipad 3) when transferred to air 2 I go back from the very start. I used to be able to transfer everything including where i last left off but after updating to ios 9.1 after transferring to my new ipad i have to start all over again. any suggestions??

5. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Since many of us here just received a brand new iPhone 6s running 9.0.2, some of you are probably aware of the slight delay of the status bar upon unlock, among other minor stuttering. Sometimes the phone is even unresponsive for a second; you can't swipe from left to right, etc. If you've already upgraded to 9.1, is this fixed for you? I'm trying to hold onto 9.0.2 in case I ever decide to tinker with my phone, but if 9.1 fixes the aforementioned problems then it's certainly a no-brainer — it's time to update.

6. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

My phone came with 9.0.2 but updated to 9.1 before restoring from backup. Had that lag/unresponsive issue during the second day. Ive read somewhere that it was due to indexing. 3rd day and it was gone. I thought I got a lemon but now it's resolved albeit the samsung chip. :)

Edelheid likes this.
  7. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Unfortunately, I didn't restore from anything so there should be no issues regarding indexing. It's a habit of mine to start as new every time there's a new phone as a way to get rid of many apps. If I forget to install a particular app, it probably wasn't useful to begin with. I'm a terrible hoarder. :p

My 5s took a dip in performance, and while the 6s is better in some ways (less stuttering on the app switcher and spotlight) it's a little upsetting to know that it's taking them some time to actually mend the remaining ones; it wasn't this bad before. Right now it feels like they fix one bug, and five new ones are introduced. Hopefully by around 9.4 it's finally resolved, and that the problem doesn't reoccur on iOS 10.

But ultimately, I hear a bunch of mixed opinions regarding iOS 9.1 and 9.2 (beta), but it seems like it really does vary when all factors are considered. I guess it's best for me to personally try 9.1 and if it turns out wonky I'll enter the public beta to test the waters.

#208 Edelheid, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  8. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

anybody here on iOS 9.1 who's experiencing SIM Failure upon startup? it takes me a couple of hard resets before the error message goes away. currently using:

iPhone 6s Plus
    iOS 9.1
    Globe

9. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

Bought my iPhone 6 64gb last Nov 5 and it was working PERFECTLY until I updated it to iOS 9.1. My phone became sluggish/ laggy whenmI', switching apps, sending messages my brand new phone felt like I've been using it for decades. Any way to fix this? I called Apple Support about this matter and they said maybe it's because my internet connection was unstable back when I was updating my phone and caused a corrupt update and made my phone slow and they advised me to go to a service provider so i went to Power Mac Centre and let them reset my phone I didn't care if I lose all my data because there's nothing much in it(Brand New) they even charged me 500 pesos for the reset/update. Few minutes after they performed the reset I began to experience the lag again so I went back and complained. One of the staff there told me that iOS 9 is still unstable so he advised me to wait for the next update and see if it'll fix my phone's lag problems. So I talked to Apple Support again and they're saying a different thing, Apple said that the update has nothing to do with my laggy phone because I already did a factory reset and it might be a hardware problem. I don't know anymore who to believe.

mokmoki likes this.
  10. bekman

bekman New Member

wow i thought i was the only one experiencing the lag/freeze/stutter of the 6splus and updating to 9.1 is not the answer as of the moment :/

11. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Active Member

Just a question when you restore your iPhone to factory settings, did you restore from the backup.?

12. mjjm

mjjm Member

Maybe an OT: If you're into beta testing, you may want to try the public beta 4 of 9.2. My phone has been performing well, UI and battery wise. It would only loose 2-3% of battery when idle overnight. Haven't experienced any show stopper since i updated my 6s+. IMO, its good enough for a daily driver.

13. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

Is it available for iPhone 6? Can you teach me how?

14. mjjm

mjjm Member

OT:
    Using safari on your iphone, go to beta.apple.com/profile then login using your apple id. After logging in you will see a "Download Profile" blue button , tap on it and it will prompt you install the profile and restart your device.

After restarting, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update. You should be able to download and update to the public beta now.

Note that after after updating, you will have the Feedback app on your phone, if you want this removed, just delete the profile.
    Settings > general > profile. It's just under VPN, 2 rows above reset. You will still be able to update to the official version.

Also, i suggest you do a backup before updating and "reset all settings"after the update. If you are really into it, after the update, do an "erase all data and settings" and the restore from your backup (optional)

#215 mjjm, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    kenobiz likes this.
  15. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

Nope set as new iPhone

16. kcirecarg718

If thats the case there is a hardware issue with the phone, its not an issue with iOS 9.1, bring it to any apple service provider.

17. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

But I have friends who are also experiencing lag on their iPhone 6 and 6 plus after 9.1

18. kcirecarg718

If its restored to factory settings, set up as a new device, Apple Authorized service provider should replaced the iPhone since its isolated that its not with the software. Call AppleCare to ask for assistance if you want to have your iphone replaced.

19. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Unfortunately, even the newer devices experience lag and stutters under iOS 9.1; this is especially prominent on the 6/6s Plus. I think it has something to do with Metal rendering the graphics since the iPhone 5 — considering it doesn't use 64-bit architecture, therefore no Metal — doesn't experience this kind of terrible lag and stuttering. There's a good chance that the problems we are experiencing now are results of poor software optimisation, and then a rare off-chance of it being hardware. Ironically, Apple raved how Metal would bring smoother animations in iOS 9.

Let's hope for iOS 9.2 to bring in the good news!