iOS 11 Thread

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by textguru, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks a lot!

On a different note, my iPhone 7 Plus is really draining the battery like I was back on my old 4-yo iPhone 5.
    I have backed-up my iOS10 and would like to return to that, due to the inconvenience this version gives me.

2. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Same here with my 6s battery life is awful.

3. mjchael008

mjchael008 New Member

I don't know what happened but I can't download iOS 11 Public Beta 1

4. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Maybe Because Beta 2 is now available for download.

5. sandybridge_guy

Got fed up having to charge twice a day in exchange for having a beta iOS, went back to iOS 10.
    Took 2 hours for the restore to complete :unsure: maybe because only photos, etc are the ones backed up in iCloud and then the rest on the MBA.

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Member

Sorry to hear this - I guess YMMV. I thought I had the same battery issue when beta 3 hit the iPhone 7+ for the first time, but after two reboots, battery life is back to normal, at least for me. Question, though, it might be unoptimized (obviously) third-party apps, like Facebook, that are causing the problem.

7. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

On my ipad pro 10.5 batt life on ios 11 beta 1 and 2 are great, just similar with ios10

8. sandybridge_guy

Well, you know what? I never really thought of that (rebooting the phone). Might be the cure to it, who knows.
    It also didn't help that I don't let my phone shut down and die because of the battery being empty.

Oh well, i guess i'm just going to wait for the public release on Sept/Oct.

9. elbert

elbert Active Member

On the day that I installed public beta 2 on my 7 plus, I dropped my phone pretty badly. Physically, it's just a small nick in the red paint, but I worried that it might have damaged something internally because my iPhone was draining badly (50% in just 3 hours while on standby), it would run hot even when not plugged in, and it was soooo slow to charge.

Apps were crashing along with the OS. I would hold both Power and Volume Down button multiple times a day to reboot the system. Even a reset all settings and a deletion of all non-essential apps didn't help.

In order to isolate whether it was a hardware or software issue (it was so frustrating, I couldn't wait any longer for Beta 3), I reverted to 10.3.3 and restored my pre-iOS11 backup.

Phew, everything was back to normal.

On the same day I did this, Public Beta 3 came out.

So, upgrade junkie me went ahead with yet another iOS11 update. This time though, I set it up as a new iPhone and manually selected apps to install. I relied on iCloud to sync my data (iMessage data included!) and restore 3rd party app data.

Everything is good now. I like iOS11.

As repeatedly advised by Apple, it really isn't advisable to install early beta software on your primary phone. But that's why why I do it--because they advise against it. haha

10. punk_yaj

punk_yaj Member

Public beta 2 sluggish on my iphone 6 plus. Reverted back to ios 10.3.3

11. 4p0se

4p0se Active Member

Can iOS 11 be installed at iPhone SE?

12. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member