Inverter aircons and other appliances. Huge savings on electricity bill?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by fanman, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Leeger

Leeger Active Member

Inverter ac works best if you leave your ac on for long period of time let’s say 8hrs or more. If you are the type of user who likes to keep it on for only 1 to 2hrs a day, then stick with regular ac, you wouldn’t save significant amount of money on your electricity bill.

potpot2 and lsalapare like this.
  2. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Hi! Where were you able to get your daikin?

3. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Got mine from DM Harder Trading. Here's their Facebook page.
    [​IMG]

Juice and potpot2 like this.
  4. potpot2

Thanks!

5. potpot2

Where to buy panasonic refrigerators inverter + econavi?

6. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Try Automatic Center at The Link (beside Landmark).

potpot2 likes this.
  7. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

Anson in Trinoma or Mkti; in Ortigas, they've got a showroom; they usually offer a better price than SM...and a good discount if buying cash or straight payment (not connected with Anson in any way); i've bought all major appliances from them these past years, after comparing prices from other stores...

potpot2 likes this.
  8. eyemac

eyemac Member

#448 eyemac, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  9. potpot2

A friend told me that when in comes to after sales service, sm is still better than anson and abenson. Abenson according to m y friend is the worst.

10. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

For any after-sales service, you don't need to go back to Ansons, Abensons, et al.... unless it's a small item and you wish to avail of the 7-day return/exchange/outright replacement policy. Just go directly to the principal. If it's LG, call their hotline and get support from LG Phils. Your unit will be serviced by an authorized service center nearest you or one of your choosing (as long as its authorized to service the brand). Just be ready with your product information (ie. Date of purchase, model and serial numbers).

catalysmic, lsalapare and potpot2 like this.
  11. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I guess I'm stuck with the window-type inverter ACs (I like Kolin). My second floor rooms won't have a platform for the compressors of splits. Servicing will also be a bitch, not to mention the ugly look of huge outdoor units hanging out on the second floor outer walls. Definitely my next project. My son has the AC on all the time he's home. My wife and I turn it only at night.

Given the Meralco savings I've experienced with the LG inverter ref, inverter ACs are definitely the way to go, notwithstanding the opinion that they cost more to service (yet to be proven right). Now, inverter washers/dryers — I don't see the point. We wash/dry our clothes twice a week only.

lsalapare, raypin and lamski like this.
  12. kerravie

kerravie Member

has anyone tried Panasonic window type inverter ACs? we're planning to change from non-inverter to inverter, leaning towards Kolin since it's the cheapest i found(was quoted 22,600 for cash price)

13. oj88

If you've got the cash, can't go wrong with Panasonic.

We have a Panasonic split-type inverter that's coming up on its 8th year. It's bloody expensive but since it was installed, it's never been repaired or serviced beyond regular cleaning. The only intense servicing it got was when the outdoor unit had to moved to a new location. It's trouble-free.

Unlike the Samsung inverters we got later on.... 3 out of 6 required expensive repairs (board replacement), with the 4th one getting totaled due to a compressor leak (rust) just after the warranty expired on the 5th year. I got sales-talked into them due to their low upfront cost (discounted unit cost with free install up to 10 ft of copper). In hindsight, I'd never recommend Samsung A/Cs, period.

lsalapare and potpot2 like this.
  14. eyemac

eyemac Member

OT: I have 2x KOLIN 1HP window type AC with 'fiberglass" under-chassis and it's a pity that newer models don't have this feature anymore.

15. potpot2

Just want to share this,
    I bought a Panasonic inverter with econavi yesterday from Fair and Square emporium, and i must say i got a very good deal. Before that, i went to ansons to check out the price because someone i think posted here that they are cheaper than sm. Well, in anson’s the price for the model i bought is 89,999.00
    But Fair and Square’s price is only 71,000.00 cash, for 12 months deferred it is only 85,000.00
    What a big difference! Luckily a friend told me about Fair and Square. And i am sure they are a legit store because they have promodizers of different brands assisting buyers.

I gladly paid in cash very happy with the huge savings i got!

Attached Files:

Theus likes this.
  16. kerravie

kerravie Member

^we usually get our appliances at their caloocan branch. true, they offer the best prices for cash payments. will be getting our inverter aircon and refrigerator from them too this coming monday.

thanks sir. i'll be getting the panasonic. ;)

potpot2 likes this.
  17. scubadiverdaw

scubadiverdaw Member

Just bought 1 hp Fujidenzo Window AC Inverter For P 22,300 and a 1.5hp Fujidenzo Window AC Inverter for P 25,700. But wait theres more......each aircon has a FREE 16" desk fan. At Ansons in front of Podium. Both prizes are based on CASH payment.

Both the Kolin and Fuijidenzo salesman said that Kolin and Fujidenzo are identical because they come from the same factory. Seems true because even the controls are the same and they said the remote of one can be used on the other.

18. eyemac

eyemac Member

anyone here who's fond of using LG's "active energy control" feature?
    what's your sweet spot then, 80%, 60% or 40% and under what circumstances?

19. oj88

I'm always at max-savings of 40% and 26°C. We use this in the living room and it's usually running the whole day up until before bedtime. It's enough to keep the area relatively cool with the humidity kept in the mid-40's.

20. eyemac

eyemac Member

I'm relatively a new user of the product and it's during the nighttime until early morning that I set the AC's active energy control to 60% @26degC, I have yet to try 40% and see the result.

btw, does the outdoor unit's exhaust fan at times turns off automatically during active energy control?