In search of the best STEAKs

Discussion in 'Food' started by pusit, Jan 23, 2008.

1. elbert

elbert Active Member

Yes, Steak 9r)Evolution
    Steak (R)evolution is essential watching. An eye opener, even for someone like me, who's intimately involved in the trade.

Sunil_K likes this.
  2. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Outback Steakhouse is pretty for me. They perfectly cook the steak on all of their branches.

By the way, I'm always a big fan of home prepared steaks. I just resurrected my hiding Lodge Pan Grill
    Cleaned it, removed the rust, seasoned, and baked at 350 deg C for 1hr.

16991910_10158175954725005_8825240948103824203_o.jpg

3. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Smith's. Worst. Decision. Ever.

4. cosanostra

cosanostra Member

why?

5. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Their portershouse was not great, definitely several notches below Mamou, and even Wolfgang's. There were no available dry aged steaks. The sides, we had four, only the truffle mac and cheese was good, the rest were really just plain.

But since it was a personal experience, definitely, their servers ruined an otherwise memorable night for us. The owner sent me a message offering a free meal, but nah, I'm okay, I'd rather spend my money, than get a freebie at his restaurant.

Sunil_K, Quest4dgoodlife and greta87 like this.
  6. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

@motoflux what did you use to season your pan?

7. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

I've eaten at Smith as well. Ordered the 45 days dry-aged rib eye. I wasn't that blown away. meh. For the price I paid i could have almost ordered 2 kilos of Mamou's 28 days dry aged porterhouse. Mamou is still the bang for the buck steak resto for me. I still haven't eaten at Raging Bull and Elbert's though (sorry! next steak place for me to try!).

docjbr likes this.
  8. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Hello. Corn oil, sunflower oil or Vegetable oil. Whatever available is in my counter :)

Ejaxene likes this.