iMac Late 2013 upgrade.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ifallondeafears, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ifallondeafears

ifallondeafears New Member

Hi guys

Happy new year!

Need help here. After upgrading to yosemite talagang bumagal yung imac ko 21.5 late 2013, hindi ko na experience ito sa mavericks. Sobrang tinitiis ko lang ang kabagalan, i tried all the tricks to speed it up pero ganun padin e.

I was thinking to upgrade sa ssd and upgrade din ram, kaya lang di ko naman kaya since bubuksan siya overall. Pwede ba siya dalin sa service center and how much kaya magagastos ko sa labor kung sakin yung ssd and memory?

TIA!

2. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes you can have it opened by them to add more ram. While it is open why not improve the HDD size as well? They already sell 6TB HDD already.

3. krscu

krscu Member

1. Check Activity Monitor to have an idea what is the cause of the slowdown. Is it the CPU, memory, disk, an incompatible app, etc.
    2. You can also do a clean install of Yosemite. Before doing so, make sure you backup with Time Machine and clone via Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper!.

4. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

1) Backup
    2) Fresh Install Yosemite (optional)
    3) reset your PRAM
    4) Repair your Disk Permissions
    5) Run Onyx

^If you dont know how to do those things I mentioned above, you can easily find em on Google.

5. ifallondeafears

ifallondeafears New Member

Thank you guys sa feedback :)

1) Backup
    2) Fresh Install Yosemite (optional)
    3) reset your PRAM
    4) Repair your Disk Permissions
    5) Run Onyx

Yes, i already did this but unfortunately ganun padin. Di ko maexplain pero mabagal talaga yung feel ko compare nung nasa mavericks. Mas madalas din ako magmemory clean sa yosemite. Im planning to upgrade my hd to ssd.

If dalin ko sa service center do i need to buy ssd directly from them or bring my own ssd?

6. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

It's probably a defective hard drive...

7. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

if all those failed, then Mark might be right. That's a sign of a failing HDD.

However, before concluding into that, you might want to reseat your RAMs first and run diagnostics.