iMac average lifespan for Pinoy Mac users?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Flim, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Flim

Flim New Member

@makinao - You mentioned Apple Asia Singapore -- did you buy your AppleCare from there or was it your unit that came from there? Hope you don't mind providing more details as I'm interested how the process works if one purchases AppleCare online.

2. makinao

makinao Active Member

AFAIK, you can buy Applecare from authorised dealers anywhere, for Apple devices bought from authorised dealers anywhere, and have it serviced by authorised service centres anywhere.

Back in 2007, We bought an iMac at Liteware, then had a friend in the US buy Applecare (it was cheaper there at the time) after 6 months. My friend opened the box and emailed me the serial number. When it had a problem, I brought it to Ynzal.

The second time, I bought Apple care at the same time I got my 2012 MBP from Liteware. When it had a problem, I brought it to MSI-Digicare.

Flim likes this.
  3. Flim

Flim New Member

@makinao Thanks for the reply. I've tried MSI-Taguig and like their service when I brought in a ThinkPad T series -- which was btw, covered by 3-year warranty, unlike Apple (ang kuripot!!!). Well, have to make up my mind soonest...to buy or not to buy. BTB is offering it for 8,700 cash...

4. makinao

makinao Active Member

OT: Ah yes, the legendary T-series (and the 600-series that preceded it). Back in my IBM Thinkpad days, I could never afford them because those cost an arm, leg, and a neck. AFAIK, those were fleet-leased to companies for three years. Hence the built-in 3-year ON SITE warranty. After they were returned to IBM, they ended up in HMR and SOS :)

5. Flim

Flim New Member

Oops, it was another ThinkPad series I brought in for repairs -- key cap problem but MSI replaced the entire keyboard. My TP T430s never gave me any problems, built like a tank and still running to this day (knock on wood). Never bothered to upgrade it to Win10 (it's still on Win7) but I recently installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 -- running flawlessly :)

#65 Flim, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016