how to inquire for your package with Post Office

Discussion in 'General OT' started by dakilang_waiter, May 17, 2013.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....the ball shaving was not that bad (fair computation based on shipping invoice). HOWEVER, the system at Philpost EMS Pasay is chaotic and confusing. Lots of windows and tables to go to. Time wasted: 4 hours. And that does not include the travel time to Pasay (which is just horrendous because of the infra construction in that area). I wanted to save a little bit on shipping cost but, considering the time lost and the aggravation, it just was not worth it. I have forever forsworn using THE STUPID PHILPOST EMS *service* for as long as I live. Everything that is dysfunctional about Philippine bureaucracy is at full display there. Never again. I pity the foreigners there to claim their package. Nakakahiya para sa atin! It must have been quite a culture shock to them. I can list the defects and the inefficiencies that I observed but nakaka high blood lang. Mabuti na lang nagdala ako ng headphone to keep me from going insane.

#61 raypin, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    ronnel0918 likes this.
  2. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

...because everything is beautiful with our headphones on. :D

But seriously, reading this post makes me grateful about myEcasa, JAC, LBC, MSB, etc. :)

3. raypin

mmmm.......I'm actually insane now. I went through all that for a...........................................................................NORNE AUDIO SOLV X with silver and copper Litz conductors, terminated with the stupid, proprietary Audeze EL 8 plug with matching Wenge (wood) Y splitter. Beautiful! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!............for the uninitiated, it is a stupid headphone cable.

#63 raypin, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    ronnel0918 likes this.
  4. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

I received an email that my package from Phlpost was held at customs. The package is addressed here in Bataan. What should I do? It is my first time to encounter this situation. Thanks!!

5. raypin

mmm....meron bang tracking number? Kung meron: call this number - 02 854 3580 (EMS Customer hotline) and trace your package. Keep trying because the number is busy most of the time. If it is at EMS Pasay, bring with you two (2) I.D.s (government-issued). Step 1 Proceeds to Window 1 (Customer Service). Fill up the form (Name, Address, Tracking number). They will give you a queing number. Step 2 (and this is where the confusion starts). You will called by the Security Guard (he is the super God at EMS Pasay because he and he alone controls the flow of human and cargo traffic to/from the different offices) to proceed inside the Customs examination room and where your package will be opened in the presence of the Customs examiner. At the same time, your queing number from Window 1 may be called. If you are inside the Customs examination room, problema. Step 3. Look at the stack of displayed queuing numbers at Window 1. If you find your number, the Philpost notice is attached to it. Step 4. Wait for your name to be called by the same Security Guard who will then give you the assessment form. If your name is called, proceed to the Customs office (wow....aircon while their bosses outside are sweating it out like roasted pigs).. Step 5. Problem: there are a dozen tables so you have 1 out of 12 chances of finding the right table to deal with. Hint: Look for the table with the "no cellphone" sign. And give your notice/assessment. Step 6. Wait.....wait......wait.....while she writes your novel....mm.......fill up another stupid government form. Step 7. Get the stupid government form and proceed to the table to her right. That's the cashier. Step 8. After payment and assuming your wallet agrees with their assessment (for duties and taxes), go outside and proceed to Window no. 2. Problem: there are two windows with no. 2. (sigh.....stupid government bureaucrats). Hint: it is the Window no. 2 next to Window No. 1. Step 9. The government minion/lackey/bureaucrat/moron will fill out another stupid government form and you have to pay another fee (for God knows what, I have no freakin' idea). Step 10. Approach Super-Security Guard who will give you your prescious package that's been held hostage by government bureaucrats.........................................hays........Good Luck! Tip: ang init sa loob. Wear pang-summer na damit.

#65 raypin, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Kleithxx likes this.
  6. Kleithxx

Thank you po sir raypin for a detailed step by step process of claiming my parcel po. Just wanna ask if I still need to go to pasay po for it? Hindi po ba dadating siya directly sa post office and sila yung magchcheck nung package? Layo po kasi eh hehe

7. raypin

mmmm........there are other Philpost EMS centers around the country. I am not sure about Bataan. Call the EMS hotline number because that's the only way to know where your package has been witheld pending payment of import duties and taxes (VAT). OR, you can wait for the Philpost notice to arrive at your Bataan address for details. If it is a provincial EMS branch, you are in luck. Less red tape. Less hassle than Pasay EMS which is the main EMS center. I am assuming that it is an EMS shipment because only EMS packages have tracking number. The other Philpost services (registered mail. airmail, regular mail etc.) have none.

8. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

Does your item shipped via EMS or just Regular Air Mail? If its just a regular air, you just need to pick up the package at the post office where your package was held. Normally they indicate on where you should pick up your package if not ask them.

9. Kleithxx

It was shipped thru DHL Global mail and was transferred to PHLPOST. The tracking number is RX530528608DE..

10. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Is there any other way to contact the Post Office other than visiting them personally?

I tried the contact numbers from their website but they can't be reached, tracking and even their customer service page doesn't work

11. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

You may try to call your area's central post office but based on my experience, its better to go there personally because finding your parcel/package will take time because they need to search thru their series of log books for your tracking number :)

12. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

So here's how my day went...

Was able to call PHLPOST Call Center (854-5257, all other numbers did not work)

They confirmed that my parcel is already in QC Central Post Office... Funny part is that they told me "call center lang po kami, phone number lang meron walang address" (ng QC Central Post Office).

So they gave me QC's numbers (only 9281144 worked). They told me their office is at NIA Rd...

Then I asked them if they can confirm if my parcel is already there... The lady told me "ay second floor po ito, nasa first floor po log book namin, punta na lang po kayo dito"

13. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

looks like our government agencies are unreliable.

14. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

15. Ramcess

Ramcess New Member

I hope someone here can help me with few questions I have with regards to phlpost service specifically their EMS. So I sent a package through phlpost via EMS last friday afternoon, that is small package going to dubai. They gave me a tracking number but whenever i try to track the package using the number im just getting ''no tracking number found'' somethinf like that. Now my question guys is how many days should I wait before I can track the package I sent since they only qouted that the delivery to dubai would normally take 5-7days only.

16. Ramcess

Ramcess New Member

I am really desperate for answers and help guys. I am worried about the package I sent since I am hearing a lot of negative reviews regarding phlpost service.

17. Mikoy

Mikoy New Member

Ask ko
    Ask ko lang po, medyo matagal na din. Did they deliver it to you or u visited them sa office nila? Nakita ko kasi ung tracking number mo na pinost, sabi sa status e item delivered. Kasi i dont know if they will deliver the item i ordered from AliExpress

18. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

wala pa rin bang pagbabago with DU30 as president?

19. raypin

Mmmm.......call me one lucky son of a bitch but i have not been victimized by the racket sa Philpost over the past 10 years. Delayed delivery is the most common problem pero nakakarating pa rin. Hopefully, change will come and bring the service level that is comparable with peers abroad.

hitme64 likes this.
  20. eric14

eric14 Active Member

Anybody here who has recent experience with Philpost? Baka may pagbabago na :) I am interested in buying a pair shoes from an online store in UK but having second thoughts because of the horrible things I read on this thread. But since I really like to have those shoes, I am leaning more on purchasing it and just hope everything will be a smooth shipping/delivery.