How long do you intend to use your macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rage30, Aug 21, 2015.

1. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

My usual replacement cycle is three years, normally when the AppleCare runs out. I can extend it longer if necessary, but the resale value of the Mac goes down, and comes out about the same.

The current one has lasted a little longer; my MBP is now 4 years old, waiting for Skylake.

Leo

2. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Still using my 2013 MBA13 purchased early 2014. It is on its 3 years now and I didn't bought it because I just wanted to have a new macbook. I bought after my 2007 white macbook started acting up last 2013. First, not charging, replaced its battery, then magsafe. Then comes Dec of 2013 when our 2012 iMac was stolen. That's the time I decided to get a new mac laptop. The 2007 macbook still performs well until late last year when its screen died. BTB said other parts is still working and the lcd can be replaced or it can still be use with an external monitor. Planning on reviving it but the cost of repair, lcd, max out ram, upgrade hdd or to ssd holds me. I'll use it till when it stop working.