Help! How to Synch my iPhone to my Macbook!

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Raffy Saulog, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Raffy Saulog

Raffy Saulog New Member

Hi everybody, newbie here. I have a problem trying to synch my iPhone 5S to my Macbook. Every time I synch my phone it gives a message "ITunes could not connect to the phone "raffyosIP5S" because an invalid response was received from the device" I searched the internet and one of the suggestion was to upgrade my OS to the latest one. I tried "Software update" but it says my software us updated. My Macbook is currently on OS X 10.6.8. I tried to upgrade to Sierra but one of the requirements is an OS X 7.0 or higher. I tried updating to OS X 7.0 but I can't seem to find it even on app store. Please help... Thank you!

2. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

@Raffy Saulog , I am no expert but giving more info would help others understand your issues more. Please indicate the following:
    1. iOS version your iPhone has
    2. iTunes version your mac currently have installed

Am pretty sure other members would chime in suggestions.

Welcome to PhilMug.

#2 Sabonis, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  3. Raffy Saulog

Raffy Saulog New Member

Hi Ms. Sabonis, thanks for replying. My Iphone IOS is 10.1.1 and my iTunes version is 11.4.

4. Akisum08

Akisum08 New Member

I have the same problem!

Ever since I updated my iPhone 5s with the latest software 10.1.1, my phone stopped syncing with my iTunes (12.2.1.6). I used to sync over wifi and USB before the update.

I tried using another USB cable, tried both USB ports of my laptop, but it still didn't sync. I already checked if there's an update for my iTunes but there was none. The funny thing is, when I tried syncing with another laptop, it was able to detect my phone.

I keep on getting this notification whenever I tried syncing:
    "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device."

Mine is OS X Yosemite ver. 10.10.5

What seems to be the problem? Does it have anything to do with the software update? How to resolve this?
    Thanks in advance for answering our query.

5. AceBurd

AceBurd Member

if you're comfortable with using beta releases, iOS 10.2 beta 5 is already out with a lot of bug fixes, just google on how to register for beta release, I'm not also an export.:)

Sabonis likes this.
  6. k1ng_archer

k1ng_archer Member

Could we still use MacBook to answer phone calls (not Facetime Audio)?