Hardwiring iPod/iPhone cord to Ford Everest radio

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by Bruce Hall, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Bruce Hall

Bruce Hall Member

We bought a 2008 Ford Everest which has a CD and radio but no auxiliary jack or other direct wired connection for my iPod and iPhone to play over the speakers. I would like to wire directly into the radio an iPod/iPhone cord so that I can listen to my music and podcasts without using the radio broadcaster that I use now. Is there someplace to get that done? I would need to buy such a cor and then bring it to someone who can splice it into the right wires in the back, maybe into the wires for the (unused) CD player. I assume but am not sure that such a cord and such a person could be found.

2. andyled

andyled Member

3. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

depending on the type of stereo that is installed in your car there are many different solutions to try, most of them from China.

I went to a car stereo shop in Makati and they installed a small box that integrated with the original stereo of my Corolla and had an iPod connector cable on the other end. Works well since the stereo controls the iPod allowing FF RW and playlist changes.

Cost about P4000.

If your stereo is still the original one that came with the car, you might want to replace it with an inexpensive newer one that supports an iPod, most of them do these days. Price range last time I checked was in about Ps 5 k to 6 k for a Pioneer unit.

4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Better check the model of your car's audio system.

My old car (this was way back late 90's) used to have RCA jacks hidden at the back (originally for CD Changers), when iPods came out, the same jacks were used to connect my iPod Classic.

5. Bruce Hall

Bruce Hall Member

Thanks for the links and the suggestions.

I think that I am too cheap to shell out thousands for a box or a new radio, especially since my current set up of broadcasting my iPod to the radio using an FM modulator..

I will look around here in Iloilo for a cord that attaches to something in the back. I suspect there are connections for a CD changer hidden somewhere. It is the original Ford radio, without any brand name.

The Ebay link is helpful so that I can show folks what I am looking for.