Globe plans and other Globe concerns (merged)

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member

Called up globe hotline this afternoon to see if i could still avail free 6 months netflix. Unfortunately the CSR said that they can no longer modiify it. Well, in their website it says that Plan 999 and up can avail this freebie till May 2017.

2. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member

Got a message from @talk2Globe regarding free 6 months netflix.. this promo is only for new subscribers and not for those who are recontracting. But i remember this is offered by CSR when i recontract 2 weeks ago. At that time i didn't avail due to my excitement on getting my iPhone 7 Plus.

3. leo.james

leo.james Member

Is there any way to fast track requests (as of this writing, it's now a demand actually with the constant follow-ups) for reversals of data roaming charges?

I was in Taiwan on December 27, 2016 and was charged P599 for using mobile data there for a data for mere kilobytes. I didn't have to use mobile data there since the place where I stayed had a good internet connection. To add to the craziness of the story, the start of my use was around 6 in the morning, and I was asleep at that time!

The thing is, I'm 100% certain I had cellular data while roaming turned off. It has been since November 2014 through three iPhones I've used. I can provide screenshots to prove my case.

As a cherry on this sundae of bogusness, my sister, fellow MUGger offgrey was charged with data roaming for mere kilobytes while connected to wifi. :/

4. duncan

duncan Active Member

As per advice by globe csr, if you dont plan to use roaming data, disable it first before going abroad. Get the reference number so if globe charges, you have basis for reversal.

5. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

better turn off your wifi assist that can be found on cellular data at the very bottom.

6. neilrg

neilrg Active Member

There's a new 300-minute all-network calls combo for postpaid at P299. Caveat, it's only available for plans 2499 and up. :confused:

Source: http://astig.ph/globe-all-network-call-promo/

7. reastern

reastern Member

I just re-contracted last week and I got the 6 months free Netflix (also got 6 months of HOOQ). I was able to add the 6 month credit to my existing Netflix account.

8. Zakiclay

Zakiclay New Member

How did you do it bro? I cant figure out mine. Thanks

9. reastern

reastern Member

Did not really do anything.
    I re-contracted last Sunday and the new plan took effect last Tuesday and I got a text from Globe last Wednesday (with a link) about my free 6 months. I just clicked the link and logged in on my existing Netflix account. That was it. The free 6 months was added to my account (I checked and the credit is there - 460x6 = Php 2760 worth)

10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Why do I always get this "Not Delivered" prompts when sending SMS, and yet the receiver gets it anyway...pakieksplika nga Glawb?

On a different note, I noticed that my roaming charges arrived two months later after that Europe sojourn, and I almost was convinced they didn't charge me that high at all...until I received this month's bill and the rest of my charges were there...

Lipat kaya ako sa Smart...

11. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Member

Wow! @talk2Globe is very unreliable indeed. They don't know what promos are their loyal postpaid customers entitled to.