Globe Mobile Internet

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Joyce D, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Mine, wala pa rin! :( i can't even pass 400mb of downloaded file. After that, it will literally crawl!!! Nakakainis na!

2. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Here's my speed in my ortigas office. I can reach the same speed at home(valenzuela).....[​IMG]

#642 oaba09, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. ronjet

Hi oaba09. I can even pass that speed inside my place. I'm concern about the actual download speed.

Actual download speed please. And for how large the file is?

4. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Last night, I downloaded a 1.8gb file...Average speed is around 400-500 kilobytes/second which translates to 3.2-4.0 megabits/second...I did that during peak hours...May I ask what type of file you were downloading and where the source of the file is?

5. ronjet

Some OSX updates and itunes. Occasional music and utorrent downloads via wifi hotspot using my phone. I'm just getting 21-30+ KBps actual download speed (just 171-254 kbps!!! Far cry from 6-9mbps of internet connections on speedtest!) after i'd downloaded a 300-400mb of files.

6. ronjet

Now i've tried it again, via hotspot - downloaded an itunes update and just 2 songs of mp3. Miraculously i got this speed.[​IMG]

I just don't know for how long it will stay this way.

7. docnona

docnona Member

Any LTE user in cubao qc area?

8. polyx

polyx Member

Updated my Mac to mecericks, also updated most of the free apps of apple using my globe tatoo black pocket wifi, downloaded a total of 15Gbs started the update 4:30 pm finished 6:00 pm, no throttling or data capping.

9. d.know

d.know Member

Is anyone else having a problem with Globe's mobile internet?

It started when I first got the Free Facebook Data offer every time I loaded the Facebook app or opened Facebook in Safari on my iPhone, it felt weird because why would I need to mind my data usage, or even buy an unli-data offer since I'm on an unlimited data plan to begin with. It was a bother really, but the problem is I think Globe may be messing with the network?

I can't load YouTube mobile in Safari, I have to use the app. Using YouTube in Safari is more convenient since I can force HQ playback whereas even if I have a good 8-10ish Mbps connection the app still gives me 240p video.

I confirmed because I tried opening YouTube mobile on a friend's iPhone using her Globe plan and it doesn't work too. On a wifi connection, it loads fine.

Gah.

10. sirbenski

sirbenski Member

I managed to download OS X Mavericks (after a few errors) in around 4 hours using my iPhone tethered via cable to my MBA. I have never experienced data capping though speeds may drop sometimes. But overall, my experience with Globe 3G has been good. I have experienced LTE before but just for browsing.

I guess it maybe because not too much people in our area are using 3G and I do get 3-4 bars of 3G signal most of the time.