feeling like a newbie

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ibelgaufts, May 12, 2018.

1. Ibelgaufts

Ibelgaufts Member

goodness, I have been using Macs when probably most of you were still in their nappies. Haven't visited this site for quite some time and feel like a bloody newbie reading the posts. Like an alien language.
    All I understand is that macbookpros now are unbelievably expensive, that there seem to be quite a few hardware issues, that they have no USB ports and use this thunderbolt whatever, which add a couple of thousands to the price because you need an adaptor to connect an external keyboard and a mouse and a hard disk..... et blah cetera.
    and before you frown: I do not like touchpads, find the keyboard on the mac too narrow and need it mostly for 8 hours/day heavy writing, databank searches, perl programming.

snipes, makintosh, SE20 and 1 other person like this.
  2. preciousgem

preciousgem Member

Hello there! In my case I have been using Windows and Linux and I have newly switched to Apple ecosystem as soon as I could afford these. So far my experience has been quite good - to me MacOS feels like more of a Linux distro, but only much much better as Apple engineers seemed to worked out the bugs and highly enhanced the missing features that usually plague the Linuxes. But I'm beginning to like most of it, except for the butterfly keyboard which is quite a worry.

So what have you been using these days? Are you going to switch back to using MacBook Pro?

EDIT: I saw your other post. 9 years! It's indeed durable. Any of my Windows computers didn't last this long, even if I bought top of the line ones.