error code: 3194 when trying to restore

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by shintenhouji, Apr 9, 2012.

1. shintenhouji

shintenhouji New Member

actually, I have encountered 2 errors, one is when I am trying to restore my iphone (error code: 3194) and the other when iTunes diagnostics feature is ran ("secure link to iTunes store failed")..

I am using Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes is now on the latest version.

below are the things I have done so far, but to no avail:
    - followed suggested steps from: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3194

- removed/disabled my antivirus program
    - put iTunes to exception list of WIndows Firewall
    - disabled windows firewall and windows defender
    - re-installed iTunes and made sure that it is of the latest version (version 10.6.1)
    - performed recommendation from: https://discussions.apple.com/message/17409780#17409780
    - perform flush dns command using command prompt

In addition to the steps I mentioned, I also tried running the diagnostics on two other computers running on different versions on iTunes, 10.5 and 10.6.0. I also did the same steps as above on these two computers, but I am getting the "secure connection to iTunes store failed" when the diagnostics were ran.

I have read the information about the diagnostics result and saw something like "connection attempt to firmware update server unsuccessful". Because of this, I think that the "error code 3194" happens because iTunes itself is unable to connect to the "firmware update server". Would it be possible that there is a problem on Apple's server?

thanks for any help that you can give.

2. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

Error code 3194 occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. It looks like you have a Jailbroken phone. There is a solution but unfortunately discussing it in this forum is not allowed.

3. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

i was about to hit with a pm. But unfortunately you're still on a lurker status. Pm function is not yet activated.

4. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

Peter is correct. Unless you have an A4 device and a saved shsh for the firmware you are restoring to, you've no choice and can only restore to the latest firmware. BTW, restoring to an earlier firmware using a saved SHSH and Tinyumbrella is NOT jailbreaking.

5. shintenhouji

shintenhouji New Member

thanks for the information peter. i already performed the "erase all content and settings" from the device and right now, for some reason, it seems that the phone cannot be turned on. I can only see the apple logo and go to DFU mode.

on the diagnostics, i get the error "secured link to iTunes store failed". though I haven't tried yet, i fear that this may affect the downloading and installing iOS 5.1. i do not have the fastest internet connection, so i do not want my efforts go to waste.

thanks for trying to help. can I give you my email address if its more convenient?

6. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

NEVER EVER do an "Erase All Contents and Settings" on a jailbroken phone. Go over at applei to know why. They can help you out on your problem.

7. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Active Member

You can browse through the site that tulisan just gave. Theres a more comprehensive guide and help available there for iphones in a jailbreak state.

8. Nishant Bansal

Nishant Bansal New Member

Hey good news, i found a webpage from which i get rid out of this type of error issue yesterday, now you can also check this once for getting rid of it completely: Error Solution