Diet - What works for you?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by godivachoc, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I lost about 15 pounds in one month and I do not have to count calories and eat whatever I want. The thing is I eat at certain hours. I take my lunch between 9-11am and dinner between 4-6 pm. I do not eat at night because we are insulin insensitive during this time of day. Breakfast is not the important meal of the day and science has stated that we can do away without it.

suavecito and Sunil_K like this.
  2. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Had a health scare last November 2016 and was advised by my doctors to lose weight. When I regained enough strength after being hospitalized, I started my weight loss goal.

I have lost 35 pounds in three months and I'm now maintaining my current weight. Three things I did:

1. Decided that I really wanted to lose weight--you really have to tell yourself to be onboard
    2. Started and maintained an exercise program--started with baby steps by just walking around the village for 10 minutes. Now I run in a treadmill for 45 minutes.
    3. Modified my eating--I gave up on junk food, processed food and sugary drinks. I eat the right quantity per meal. Most of my proteins are either grilled, steamed, or poached. Ate alot of green leafy vegetables. The food may sound boring but I use different spices to liven up my dishes.

Worked for me. :)

ericb likes this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Less rice, more sex.

But no rice, don't do sex.

It'll kill you.

greta87 likes this.
  4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sugar is evil... Low carb with lots of green leafy vegetables.. grilled fish & chicken for proteins & nuts... some fruits too.. because of my weight, my doctor advised me to follow this diet. Been following this for a couple of months now & I've lost around 15 pounds. & an inch or two off my waistline..

hitme64 likes this.
  5. King

King Active Member

Having all these helps gamify my body fat reduction. Lost more than 22kg so far. 36kg more to reduce by 1 May 2018 at 1kg/week.

Most will say "you don't need that to get healthier" to which I would reply... "i've tried everything for over 3 decades, I might as well marry my love for tech with my quest for longevity". So far, it has worked.

http://a.co/i3mSjJL Omron Blood Pressure Monitor BP786N with Bluetooth

[​IMG]

http://a.co/dJsVtIo Moov Fitness Tracker (per research it's the most accurate model for CrossFit).

[​IMG]
    http://a.co/e7cOsnG Nokia Body+ (to complement)

[​IMG]

greta87 and hitme64 like this.
  6. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Cool! I was about to buy the Omron 5 Series, but ran into your post. I like how it can record your readings via Bluetooth and monitor it. Slightly more expensive on Lazada though, at 50 per dollar, the one on Amazon is 4,144, but on Lazada it's 5509.

7. King

King Active Member

Per Consumerreports.org the Omron I got is the best smart blood pressure monitor on the market today. At the time of purchase it was selling for $59.35 + sales tax.

I rather deal with Amazon than Lazada.

I was planning to buy a Withings (now Nokia) BPM+ blood pressure monitor Nokia Steel fitness tracker and and and so I would only deal with 1 app for everything but since Nokia took over their app became problematic. The smart scale is still useful in spite of their app update but not as useful as it was under Withings.

Not to mention both costs 2x more than what I finally bought.

[​IMG]
    I did a cursory search on lazada, olx and Mercury Drugstore and the models they offer here are so backward and yet demand top money. My healthcare professional friend was astonished by how much cheaper I got mine for.

My sole complaint with the Omron is that it is only limited to two users when I need to keep track of five. The Nokia smart scale on the other hand recognizes up to 8 people. The design of the Omron is senior citizen-friendly which is both a good and bad thing. Good because it can pretty much be used by anyone & everyone. Bad because there's more physical parts to it unlike the Nokia.

Below is the Nokia smart scale report. This keeps me motivate to a 1kg/week pace. If I didn't have such positive feedback losing body fat would be like driving while blind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish my blood chemistry biomarkers could be as easily uploaded onto an app so I could easily keep track of it rather than going through the drudgery of a spreadsheet. I could create competitions with friends or even strangers on who can get "optimal/ideal" blood results.

#387 King, Aug 12, 2017 at 1:27 AM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 1:37 AM