Coffee Talk

Discussion in 'Food' started by kaffee, Aug 25, 2007.

1. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Rhino? haven't tried it yet. :) But you can always try it and see how consistent the resulting grind is. Ganun talaga when it comes to price e. But, if you value quality and consistency, it's definitely an investment to consider. I value it (the grinder) second highest to having good quality coffee beans.

2. ramil

ramil Active Member

3. rockwell

rockwell Member

ramil likes this.
  4. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

A minimum of 10 kg for imported one.

5. C9

C9 Active Member

I got 10kg of Colombia Medellin from Umali at P390/kg. No other details about the farm or grading though they claimed it's specialty grade. Layers of chocolate and almond notes. I'll be getting more.

They said you can get different origins less than 10kg for a total of 10kg minimum, but only the ones they have in stock. For 10kg for one origin they can order if they have none. Seems they don't have a lot of choices in stock. They were all out except for Atok (400/kg). They've had Honduras, Kenya, Yirgacheffe (about 690/kg), etc

6. autoexec

autoexec New Member

Hello folks. Didn't know there's a healthy coffee discussion over here. I registered in the forum just for this. Any active Behmore 1600 Plus users here? Any inputs? Are they worth 27k php? Any alternative on that price range that may be a better option with getting more data for roast profiles? Thanks!
    - Joseph

7. R-T

R-T Active Member

Hi. I own one and it has been with me for about 4 years. I bought it online from australia (220-240V, US version is 110V but only $300) then had it shipped to manila via B&M. It used to be AUD400 but I now it's AUD500. if you add shipping to Manila and conversion charges to your credit card, price would be close to 27k. you can control the interior temp by adjusting to 25, 50, 75, 100% power and drum speed . you need a temp probe inside the chamber so you can monitor air temp but not bean temp. the most beans per batch that i could roast is 250g. Anything beyond that gets under roasted. That's about it.
    The roaster is enough for personal use (200g/week). I'm not OC and log every detail of my roasts i just follow the roast times and power levels of my last roast then repeat or tweak on my succeeding roasts. If you want something more advanced, get a Hottop which is 4x the price and 110v only AFAIK. This is one thing I wouldn't upgrade as this behmor already suits my needs. If this conks out I would get another one, that's how good it is for me.

ADD: A 200g bag of roasted beans cost an average of PhP500. Green beans is PhP500-600/kg. Our household consume about 800g-1kg of coffee a month which is pretty modest. So this roaster has paid for itself by several times already.

#2467 R-T, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Got this Deli Chef burr grinder from HMR for a bargain price of P3,500. I think it's now back to regular price of almost 4k. Very happy with its performance. Quieter, fater than my Bodum Antigua of 11 years. So Happy with the Deli Chef that I retired the Bodum. Using this mainly for manual pourover, and the occasional French press. Don't expect this to do espresso, unless maybe you do some modding. You can't find reviews or more info on this online, don't know why. But it's very similar to the OXO On Conical Burr Grinder. I suspect they're both from one source in China, and OXO doing a few mods to be able to sell it at a higher price ($199).

[​IMG]

ramil likes this.
  9. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

10. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

More on the Deli Chef grinder ...

Attached Files:

11. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Hi bisdak, is it 110V? That’s a steal for 3.5k

12. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Nah, it's 220. The more a steal. :) My Bodum Antigua was 110v. I'm tired of using the transformer.

13. C9

C9 Active Member

14. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

I just saw this at a Starbucks Reserve. Php 2,495

4855174E-AE4E-4EEE-9FF0-4FAD05C4C30C.jpeg