Coffee Talk

Discussion in 'Food' started by kaffee, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ramil

ramil Active Member

Thanks for your recommendations! I prefer those who deliver freshly roasted beans. Looks like YKW Roasters will only do so, if you subscribe to their packages. I don't think Toby's, Craft and Kuppa will deliver; I may have to drop by one of their branches to buy some beans. Yardstick is the only one that sells online and delivers even without subscribing (but you can also opt to subscribe to their coffee packs). So, for now, I will try out Yardstick and see how it goes.

2. kaotep

kaotep Active Member

We also deliver but via parcel since we're located down here in Cebu haha

Juice likes this.
  3. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

I am the only coffee drinker in the household and usually have two cups in the morning on weekdays. Probably more during the weekends. Budget maybe around 5k max? Don't have an idea really. I have a Krups grinder now. Which works for my drip.

4. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Have you tried Lazada? there are a lot of choices there, which would give you an idea of what is available in the market

5. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Hi Sabonis, unfortunately, in the 5k budget, you would come accross burr grinders that are out performed by manual hand grinders. Closer to 10k is Baratza's entry level, which is good enough for standard semi-autos.

I'd rather get a hand grinder for now (2-3k depending on the brand -> Porlex or Hario), then save up some funds for an electric grinder. If you're the only coffee drinker, then it's even a more practical investment. If you're starting to serve 4 or more, that's when a Baratza-level like grinder would be of better help.

Hi ramil! Baka we can help you out. We have a small coffee club that does group buy of beans from several local roasters, then we take care of the packaging and free delivery as long as you are based in Metro Manila. Send me a PM if you're interested to try us out. Cheers!

6. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Funny as it sounds, I am not much of an online "purchaser" if you can word it that way. I'd rather buy here in PhilMUG than somewhere else. Hehe. Will check Lazada. Thanks for the tip.

7. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Yes, i read in this thread about Porlex and Hario manual grinders. Was just thinking maybe there are electric ones at that price range. Hehe. Thanks for the guidance.

8. ramil

ramil Active Member

Nice! Will send you a PM. Thanks!

9. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Yup, I was unfortunate enough to get one at that price range, and let's just put it this way, I eventually donated it to our office pantry. Sometimes convenience does not equate to consistency and quality.

Sabonis likes this.
  10. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

PM replied :)

11. ramil

ramil Active Member

Just got freshly roasted coffee beans I ordered from Yardstick.

IMG_1890.JPG

jcsantamarina and Gman2000 like this.