Coffee Talk

Discussion in 'Food' started by kaffee, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Coffee, banana, pineapple -- any agri product that the rich countries like that can be exported, they'll get them from us, wholesale. And we're left with nothing but the rejects. :)

2. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

3. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

4. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

A friend here in my city, a fellow homeroaster, texted the winning cooperative in Bukidnon. He didn't get a reply. This is the first ever cupping competition in this country. We don't have a tight cafe/roaster - farmer relationship yet, I suppose.

5. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

Visited 2 True Value stores and they both didn't have the Evak. I just settled for an airtight Brabantia glass jar for now (tutal, I am always wanting to steal those nice Brabantia steel trash bins in Ayala Mall toilets - I checked in Rustan's and these basurahans go for 5-10k! wow!) . hahahahaha!

6. Gman2000

Gman2000 Member

anyone here who have tried beans from everydaycoffee.ph?

7. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

anyone knows where to get a Vinacafe vietnamese 3in1 coffee in Pinas? was my stable instant coffee before they disappered suddenly in all supermarkets locally, miss it

8. kaotep

kaotep Active Member

I'm pretty sure there would be a mad scramble right now to get to the winner's greens. Hard to tell right now who they have been previously selling to unless they tell.

porkypork likes this.
  9. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Getting my Hario V60 from a local supplier . Anyone have a lead for a goose neck kettle locally ?

10. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

There's hario.com.ph. Cheapest kettle though is the one from Unitop, P575 or thereabouts. I use the Hario now, but I can't see the difference in my coffee when using the Unitop vs the Hario. :D

dasaint and porkypork like this.
  11. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

I heard IMDALSA placed 3rd. A friend here has gotten a lot from them. He let me try 3 varietals that I roasted 2 days ago. Liking them so far, so I'm getting more. Still cheap for now, so I'm hoarding. So timely coz my Sweetmarias' beans won't last me until the next order comes in April. Take note that the highest score was 84+. That of course can't compare with what we usually get from SM or GCBC that are usually in the 86-88 range.

C9 likes this.
  12. C9

C9 Active Member

I've been hearing good things about Kalasan sweet, from Miarayon, Bukidnon. I roasted a very fresh wet processed coffee several years back that was really good. Not sure where you can get it, maybe Ephemera Traders.

13. minggoy

minggoy Member

porkypork :)

14. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

One of these days, would be nice to do a coffee road trip in the Bukidnon-Davao area. I did that a while back, seeing the farms. But it was years before specialty coffee got into Mindanao.

15. kaotep

kaotep Active Member

I just got our stash from Imdalsa yesterday at the bus terminal. Around 40kg siguro. If there's more, we might hoard it for the year's supply. Got stash from BACOFA too, 2 different farms. Maayo ilang gi segregate. :D hopefully i'll be able to objectively cup and score this when I'm back in Cebu. Objectively that is.

16. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

17. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Unitop it is :D Thanks