Coffee Talk

Discussion in 'Food' started by kaffee, Aug 25, 2007.

1. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone knows by chance where to get this in the Philippines
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Yep C9, those Yemen Mokhas were favs, but prices soared. I used to get them for something like $2-3 from GCBC. But they're in the $9-10 range these days. I usually stick to greens under $7.

3. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

That's a Bodum right? You can try visiting Gourdo's :)

dasaint likes this.
  4. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Have you guys heard/saw that Arabica Coffee is setting up shop here? What's your take on this? Haven't been to any of their store though, but I'm a fan of their online marketing/advertising.

5. R-T

R-T Active Member

You can buy green beans at the Bakery of the grocery at Fishermall , quezon blvd. QC[/QUOTE]
    Apparently they only sell roasted beans and the greens are for "display only"

6. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

@porkypork : how are you affiliated with craft coffee nuvali? owner?

haven't been to nuvali since my running/biking days years ago, but always game for an occasional sunday (only safe day to mitigate traffic risk) drive.

craft sold their xavierville coffee shop. hope you have better luck with yours. cheers!

7. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

@rbenzon, I co-own the Nuvali and Estancia branch. You can direct any concerns about these branches to me. By Xavierville, do you mean Katipunan? Yeah, last I heard, they're still offering coffee from Craft pa naman daw.

Please do let me know if you decide to run/bike in Nuvali again, I'll wait for you at our shop. Maybe we can chat about Coffee and Mac. :D

8. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Last time I drove by Katipunan, they were out of beans for sale, which I hope was just a temporary glitch. Thankfully, my car renewal registration was near the original Craft in New Manila, so I bought a bag while Peter was roasting a new set.

Congrats on riding the third wave—hopefully, a viable/profitable one. I've tried the Estancia Craft. So Nuvali in a couple of weeks, on my way to and/or from a Tagaytay wedding.

I wish you success, even if I hate *bean counters*. ;)

9. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

LOL! Thank you! Hope to meet you aside outside the PhilMUG Christmas parties. :)

10. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I swung by Fundamental Coffee in Park Terraces this pm. Nice espresso machine and coffee cups! Modern interiors. They also sell coffee beans in 250g sizes and at Yardstick prices. First time to see a Kalita wave brewing station in a coffee shop!

porkypork likes this.
  11. C9

C9 Active Member

12. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Coffee-heads ;) where's an effective venue (online or offline) for selling second-hand coffee gear? I've got an espresso machine (Gaggia) and grinder (Baratza) to unload, as part of my "spring cleaning". Thanks.

13. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Do we get first dibs on the Baratza grinder? :) I've seen used coffee gear in OLX, I'm not sure how fast those get sold though.

14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Haha. I wasn't trying to be passive-aggressive. Didn't think you snobs would be interested in a Gaggia. ;) Maybe my Vibiemme or Rancilio, pwede pa. :) But then, I should've known the Baratza would draw interest. I have to take pics (that's how unready I am for PhilMUG dibs). But sure, PhilMUG gets first dibs.

Nearly 10 years on PhilMUG (and 7K posts later), I haven't sold a thing on PhilMUG Marketplace. But am trying the KonMari method for the first time to declutter my life. Let me unearth the Baratza and take pics. Stay tuned. Cheers.

porkypork likes this.
  15. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

macdiver likes this.
  16. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

bisdak and macdiver like this.
  17. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

I just ordered a hario kettle at Lazada. How would you know from physical appearance that it is authentic? (just want to be sure)

18. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

I don't think there are any fake Hario Kettles out there, the ones sold in Lazada are real. :)

19. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

The Kettle is already OOS!

20. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Let me know what you need, I'll try to match their price. We have some more kettle on hand.