Clash Royale

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Netskipper, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

Typically I drop a giant behind the king tower and I wait for my opponent to drop down his troops and when the giant is in the bridge, I have enough elixir to either lightning or drop support behind the giant. If he drops any of the two: ice wiz, mega minion, princess, musketeer, wizard then I use my lightning to clear them out with some tower damage. Incidentally, lightning is great vs 3 musketeers but most pros will split them behind the king tower but getting 2 musketeers and tower damage is good value for a 6 elixir lightning.

Tombstone is a great defensive card than can become offensive if the giant can tank for it. It can stop the prince, mini pekka, hog, sparky and to some degree royal giants. It can also distract giants, golems and pekkas. Also I use it as a damage sponge in some desperate situations. You know that situation you described? 3M at the bridge? Ash (awesome youtuber) showed several counters to the 3M. There is one wherein he used the tombstone + ice spirit and cleared out the 3M!

Pump is risky not because of the cost for me since I'm used to opening with a lava hound which is 7 elixir. The problem is how easy it is for your opponents to get value. Rocket will result in even elixir trade+ tower damage. Same with other spell options. I foresee an HP buff for the EC in the next update.

2. ignite

ignite Member

Yeah, the value trades on the pump will often be at a disadvantage given the cost. Haven't used the tombstone yet. I noticed that I haven't even leveled it up, (still at level3) Looks like i'm missing out on an awesome defensive card.

BTW, tried the cycle deck you suggested and got a 7-3 record. Not bad for my first play through. You really just chop down on the tower. I haven't gotten any 3 crown wins (maybe I'm not using it correctly) . What I do is after defending with the IT (sometimes supported by either ice wiz or mm) I counterpush with the hog.

3. Netskipper

It's a chip cycle deck which is pretty defensive. I think you're using it the way its designed. Once you get one tower, its best that you turtle up. Getting a second tower will be a bit tougher because the King's tower will be helping out and you don't have a tank. It's possible to 3 crown but its risky.

I know what you mean about unused cards. I have several in my deck which I have barely used (bomb tower, huts)

4. Tray

Tray Member

I'm lvl 8 but why can't i get a tank?

5. Netskipper

Tanks are units with high hit points like giant, royal giant, golem, giant skeleton, pekka, lava hound. Most likely you have one of those at least

6. ignite

ignite Member

Hi, Bro. You guys have space in the PhilMug clan?

7. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Yes we are at 46/50. Just indicate your philmug handle when joining

8. vrl29

vrl29 Member

it seems that the Royal Giant decks are coming back in the ladder. i fought them 4 times in a row; some of them are level 10 but their RG is level 12...

9. textguru

textguru Member

requested... no one accepting my request