Clash Royale

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Netskipper, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

2. xdeath010

xdeath010 Member

Hahahah.......

3. toinkerz26

toinkerz26 Member

loving and hating this game...stuck at arena 5...grrr!

specially if your opponent taunts you with the in-game emoticons! really annoying!

4. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

I've been playing this game since May.
    The game is somehow addicting when trying to stay on higher arena level for chests.

Finally, had a free super magical chest.

5. ignite

ignite Member

I'm still playing this game. Stuck at max of 2600 trophies, then I start to lose. Changed my Giant-Witch with Hog Trifecta Deck to this deck that I saw the Top Global players are using (Giant, Poison, Prince, Pump, Musketeer, Mega Minion, Zap, Ice Spirit). So far its working well.

6. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

That's a really strong deck. Right now the most common deck is one with Giant and Poison.

How many trophies have you gain when you changed decks?

7. ignite

ignite Member

Now hovering at a low of 2600 to a max of 2800. Hopefully with lots practice I can break through 3000. Still getting used to its playstyle. Also, some rares are only at lvl6 and some epics are at lvl2. hopefully i can upgrade them soon.

My main goal for this deck is to build on elixir to form a push consisting of Giant upfront with prince and mega minion. I usually drop the pump when I draw it in my initial cards. You will take on damage on the tower with the opponents first push but thats okay just defend. You can build your push specially on double elixir time.

What deck are you using now?

8. Netskipper

Thats a great strategy. If your cards are higher level you would be in legendary easily. Prince and mega minion are great for counterpushing.

Im using a lava hound deck. My cards are tourney level or higher (except for the bowler and some missing legendaries)

Are you in the philmug clan?

9. ignite

ignite Member

No bro. Joined a clan started by a college friend. Never got lucky on the Legendaries. Wishing to stumble upon a Miner, Sparky or Lumberjack - that would open up opportunities for a lot of different playstyles.

10. Netskipper

Indeed Bro. Wish you get all those legendaries and more. I lucked out on a miner early on and it really does open up lot of play styles.

11. ignite

ignite Member

Lucky! Hope your luck rubs off to me. Best of luck to us!

Netskipper likes this.
  12. mokmoki

started playing again since the last patch. the meta shift has been a breath of fresh air for me. i was so sick of Royal Giant opponents before the patch.

finally reached Legendary Arena last week, then i stopped playing on the Ladder. planning to camp out in A9 so i can accumulate a decent legendary collection before playing in the ladder again. haha.

for now i'm just playing the Classic Challenges so my trophy count won't move. hehe.

13. Netskipper

Are you in the philmug clan?

When I first reached legendary, I also camped for around 3 days. (This was before challenges) and at that point, I decided to just play. Dropped to 2,700 trophies! What prompted me to play? My card collection was slowly being depleted because I was still donating! I didnt want to request without donating. Crown chests give you something like 70+ cards. silver chests around 10. Gold around 30. In the end, you might fall behind further once you decide to play in the ladder again.

My suggestion. Just keep playing the ladder. This is better because:
    1) you can earn cards to level up making it easier to progress in the ladder.
    2) you get a chance at getting legendaries (i got legendaries in all the chests except free chests)

Waiting for legendaries in the shop is also a test of patience. In my 6 weeks in a9, I saw the following legendaries (1 princess, 1 lava hound, 2 logs, 1 lumberjack, 2 ice wizards, 1 inferno dragon). Now imagine if I was waiting for the miner or sparky. I would have wasted 6 weeks worth of crown chests, silver chests & all other chests. Thousands of cards which you could have used to level up your deck in exchange for a chance to buy these legendaries. The price is too high to pay.

I know the feeling of playing in the ladder. Some call it ladder anxiety but once you get in the groove then its disappears. Trust me when I say that if you're good enough to get in there, you'll get back there if you fall down.

raze19 likes this.
  14. raze19

raze19 Member

I also camped out for 3-4 days the first time I reached the legendary arena and I just decided to play again because I was missing on a lot of cards, gold and FUN!

^ I couldn't agree more.

15. mokmoki

My lowbie alt is in the Philmug clan, although my main is in a clan with my friends hehe.

oh i know that feeling all too well, hahaha. i have 6 years of Starcraft 2 under my belt and the ladder there is much much much more draining, haha! but true - ladder anxiety on any game promptly goes away after numbing yourself to it for a few days/weeks.

yeah i realize i'm missing out on a lot - my friends who are even trying to catch up play better than me now, since they're playing so much to push their trophies to 3k haha.

but i'll still probably camp out for a couple more days - i still have 80k gold in the bank that's waiting to be used for 1 or two more legendaries haha. already spent 40k on a lumberjack (was in my shop for 3 straight days). i have a few more game systems that's waiting to be played anyway, haha. i'll take this camp-out session as an opportunity to play them for now. :p

16. ignite

ignite Member

Can anyone suggest a good log + ice wiz deck? Just got lucky on chest these past 2 weeks. Since my 3 of the staple card on my current deck got nerfed in the recent fix, I'm looking to explore other decks now.

17. Netskipper

Were you using elixir collector, poison and giant? Yeah those were nerfed pretty. Cycle decks seem to be the most used decks lately.

Surprisingly, the Log which was considered the worst legendary is seeing itself as the most used card nowadays. Maybe its because of the prevalence of cycle decks which use cheap troops. Regardless, its now part of the meta.

Try this deck. The Log, Ice Wiz, Inferno Tower, Hog Rider, Skeleton Army, Ice Spirit, Zap, Mega Minion

18. ignite

ignite Member

Yeah bro. I was using those 3. The deck still works but aggressive people can just rocket and fireball the pump. I won't get good elixir return.

Thanks for this bro. Will give it some run. Cost is just 2.9. Great cycle deck.

Netskipper likes this.
  19. Netskipper

I was using elixir collector and poison before the update. Lost a lot with my original deck so changed those cards. EC became too risky. I feel they will buff it a little on the next update.

As for poison, they nerfed it to oblivion. I hardly see it anymore.

Giant is still good though. I've been playing giant, bowler, mm, musketeer, arrow, lightning, tombstone & the log on challenges and its a very fun deck.

20. ignite

ignite Member

Yeah, the pump now costs 6, too risky. There was this one time when I put it down, my opponent dropped 3 musketeers and ice spirit on the bridge and I quickly lost my tower.

How do you use this challenge deck of yours? I see a lot of people using lightning and tombstone now.