Clash Royale

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Netskipper, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Anybody playing this game?

Tried it a month ago and now I'm hooked. It looks simple but there are a lot of strategies involved.

The objective of the game is to destroy more towers than your enemy. You are given cards to deploy and your resource is elixir. Each game last for 3 minutes and can be extended to 4 minutes so it's a pretty good pick up game.

The units available will be familiar to those playing CoC. of course they are used differently (the skeleton bomber throws bomb instead of explodes with the bomb)

It's free to play so as expected you can pay your way to win. You can level up your cards by getting wins or by using real money.

For those playing, what are your favorite strategies and deck?

2. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

There's a clan. Philmug.ph

Just state your philmug handle.:)

blessie15 likes this.
  3. minenskie

minenskie Member

Level 5 here. This game is pretty cool and addictive. However, I found lots of imbalances here, like the one with regards to spawning troops. I noticed when deploying your troops (goblin) near the enemy's bomber (wall breaker), before your troops completely pops-out on the field, this bomber were already threw some bombs on your troops and get killed easily, leaving them no chance at all to do a counter-attack.

4. Netskipper

Great! Joining the clan now!

Jsnc likes this.
  5. ignite

ignite Active Member

downloaded this game due to the recommendation of an officemate. didnt play CoC at all but i like this game. no need to monitor and a good pick and play game as each match just lasts for 4 mins max. Currently in arena 5.

6. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

i'm in the same boat haha. i didn't like CoC because you have to be on it all the time. as for Clash Royale, you're actually discouraged from playing all the time. haha.

guilty confession: i already spent $35 on this game over the course of 3 months because i like it so much, hahahaha.

7. ignite

ignite Active Member

So what cards did you buy? Still stuck in Arena 5. What arena are you in?

8. mokmoki

i just bought gems mostly for gold for upgrading cards, haha (currently at arena 7 hovering at 2700 trophies).

as for what cards to buy - it's a good practice to buy 5 commons and 3 rares from the store everyday - whatever those cards may be. the game balances your card collection in such a way that it wants you to have approximately the same amount of cards of each type (regardless of card level).

say for example, you have enough cards in your collection for all to be possibly upgraded to level 7, except for your bomber which only totals to an amount equivalent to level 6, then there will be higher chances of you getting bombers in your chests. buying cards from the store everyday will help even out your card collection so you won't keep on getting "that card" that you don't really like.

Netskipper likes this.
  9. mokmoki

i made a new account just now for stress-free f2p gaming haha, hoping to join the Philmug.ph clan ;) 300 trophies pa lang pero i'll bring that up soon ;)

10. Netskipper

What an update! We have a new arena and new cards including 2 new legendaries!

But the funny thing is after several months of playing, I still do not have even one freakin' legendary card! These cards are so hard to get. And using real money is not a guarantee. I've seen a lot of youtubers buying super magical chests and the odds are like 25%

11. raze19

raze19 Active Member

getting a legendary is really pure luck. I have a total of 3 accounts. The first account is at level 9 around 2700-2800 trophies which luckily unlocked 3 legendary cards, One from a magical chest and 2 from the crown chest. 2nd account just recently moved up to level 9 as well and trophy range is around 2200-2300 - not a single legendary card yet. 3rd account I just created to test apk via Bluestacks on OSX its level 6 around 1400 range. No legendary cards yet. I rarely play on the 3rd account and whenever I do its always a struggle since level 8s on that trophy range is a common sighting.

Update 2nd account got a legendary card an hour after posting this last night. I got it from the free chest. Its the Rolling Log.

#11 raze19, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  12. Netskipper

^^Wow you're quite lucky. I've opened around 4 super magical chests and 1 magic chest and I manage to get just 1 legendary card (this happened yesterday after complaining about not getting a legendary). Yes I did pay for some of those but I got 1 super magical chest and 1 magical chest for free. Consider that I've been playing this game since March 1 and I have been playing to get the crown chest nearly everyday!

Now that I have one, all I can say is it's worth it. I got the miner by the way and it opened up so many strategic options! Because of it, I've become more engrossed. My wins have not improved dramatically though but it improved a bit and I expect to be even better once I get more accustomed to this new deck.

13. mokmoki

congratulations on the legendaries! the miner is a really versatile card, and suits aggressive playstyles. it's really annoying to play against, especially if you play with an elixir pump haha. :p The Log is an interesting card, i want to see it in action as it seems to provide a lot of value for 2 elixir. a lot of the new cards are all about zone control, probably in keeping with the Frozen Arena theme.

on the topic of legendaries, i had this theory that for every $10 you spend, you get a legendary haha. but that's based on my luck, i already got 3 legendary cards on my main account, almost one each month (first Sparky, then Miner, then Ice Wiz), and almost always after spending $10 on gems.

obviously that theory won't hold, but it's an interesting pattern that happened to my account hahaha.

14. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

now I want to buy gems LOL

15. verx

verx Member

Already at level 10 and 3500 trophies and still no free legendary cards/super magical chests for me. Spent 300$ for buying those legendary cards.

$upercell

Attached Files:

raze19 likes this.
  16. Netskipper

@mokmoki I've spent a total of $100 and only got the miner in that last purchase so you have a lot better odds and luck than me and most people. But I did get lucky when I got a free magical chest (yes not the super one) and got THE LOG! Unfortunately, I don't know how to play it that well. I'd rather get the Ice Wiz or Princess but any leggy is better than none :)

17. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

I got my sparky from a lowly silver chest, that's how lucky I was :) My theory back then was that I got it after I beat a deck with a sparky in it.

18. mokmoki

wow i must have really lucky at the time then haha. one clanmate of mine even said that i should've placed a bet in the lottery hahaha.

yeah me too! i was really surprised when i saw a sparky in that lowly silver chest haha.

19. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Look at what I got FROM A FREE CHEST

[​IMG]

Tataya ako sa lotto mamaya, sana mareplicate yung swerte ko hehehe

20. mokmoki

ohhh yeah! congrats! now go and make life a living hell for decks with elixir collector :D