Can't Update/Download on Appstore

Discussion in 'iPad' started by napskie, Aug 31, 2015.

1. napskie

napskie New Member

Hi all, I can't update or download anything on appstore using my iPad Mini 2 Retina with iOS version 8.1. Whenever I try to update or download something, the loading circle just appears and then nothing happens. My internet connection (Globe LTE with router) was good as I can browse with safari and stream videos, I just can update or dowload anything on the appstore. I also tried to reset network settings and signing on and off on itunes but nothing solves the problem. Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks!

2. macjobber

macjobber Active Member

Same problem

3. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

same problem too, i'm just updating the apps and super bagal ng app store, pldt user here but surfing the net is ok

4. ashtracer

ashtracer New Member

Same here with either Smart LTE or PLDT Fibr. My Spotify update has been languishing for hours already and it barely made any progress.

5. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Change your Router's DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

my router's dns setting was 8.8.8.8 a long time ago, i guess there is a problem on app store right now

7. danlincoln

danlincoln Member

Same here. Couln't even finish a 6mb update. Pldt user here. But my macbook's windows os downloads fast.

8. jflorendo

jflorendo Member

PLDT user also. Apps are taking too long to update on both my iPhone and via iTunes on my macbook pro.

9. napskie

napskie New Member

I can't change DNS settings, galing kasi sa Globe yung router + modem. I also tried updating via itunes pc but it is just too slooow, 3kb/s then stops.

10. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

The App Store has been sluggish – at least from my experience – for the past few weeks. I've been using a VPN to download apps, but it's merely a band-aid solution as this only gets a fraction of my normal speed back.

FWIW, I'm using PLDT.

#10 Edelheid, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  11. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Member

Same here, I am also using VPN but download/update is still very slow. Although I thought it is because I am using IOS9.

12. jflorendo

jflorendo Member

Could having a US iTunes account while downloading updates in Manila have anything to do with the slow download/update? I was able to update to iOS 8.4.1 last Saturday without any problems.

13. jerrychu

jerrychu Member

Experiencing slow download from App Store for the past 2 weeks already. PLDT user here too. Using Google DNS my downloads are very slow. I use Open DNS and downloads are slow but abit better than Google DNS.

14. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

15. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

I thought differently. I considered upgrading to iOS 9 thinking if it's a problem with my current firmware. Guess not... :p
    Download speeds remain slow indeed, but it's kind of better than without it. A 10 MB app gets downloaded in 3 to 5 minutes, and without it the same app needs somewhere between 15 to 30 minutes to download.

#15 Edelheid, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  16. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

I tried to download an update for apps using globe on an iPhone and it won't start at all. Tried to change the DNS to Google DNS and even OpenDNS, it started downloading but it will take 2 days to finish an app with less than 50MB size.

17. Zappinjam

Zappinjam New Member

Hi, I have the same problem for a week now. Its been hard kasi bought a new ios device and im Downloading all my go-to apps and it takes forever. Everything else is ok. Gaming even! My isp is PLDT DSL. One common thing I notice is it looks like its a PLDT thing. My LTE is fine but of course pricey! However I reported it to them and guess what? They sent out a technician and all the technician can do is to shrug and say its a long time problem. CRAP! I don't know how can I resolve this. i'm thinking of calling PLDT again and make them realize that its a DNS issue on their end! Anyone with solutions please help!!!

18. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

I gave PLDT the nudge a little over three days ago and thankfully improvements have started to surface. What took me 30 bloody minutes to download that lasted for a few brief weeks – even months maybe – only took me one minute this morning. It's still nascent compared to my average speed if it's a huge app that's being downloaded, but it's getting there. This is the very first improvement in weeks so here's hoping it continues to improve, or at least stay like this.

19. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Tried updating pinterest 54.2MBt, tapatalk 68.5MB and google maps 28.9MB earlier. No problem here. Via wifi using myDestiny cable internet. Upon checking, I updated a lot of apps yesterday including spotify and didn't notice slowdown. My phone is sttill on iOS 8.4 havn't installed yet the 8.4.1.

20. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Member

I think there is some improvement, I updated 4 apps this morning and the speed is average.