Blue screen problem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mario.benipayo, Apr 24, 2010.

1. mario.benipayo

mario.benipayo New Member

I have been having a problem with my MAC PRO's external display.

the display turns to blue at a regular interval, can't get any work done.

here is a video to show what i'm experiencing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQQnFPlmhrI

anyone know what to do?

Thanks for your inputs

2. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

There is really only one answer to your question, bring it in for service. It all boils down to: display---video card---OS X. There are no quick answers. If you must determine what's wrong, you'd have to isolate the problem. In the event that you isolate the problem and need parts or some mechanical repair, you end up at the Apple Store. Save yourself the time and trouble. Bring it in.

3. mario.benipayo

Thank you for the advice Mad Mac

4. anina

anina Member

Were you able to solve your problem with the blue screen? Where did you take it? I have that issue now with my mac pro. I sent it to Senco Link and they returned it to me without solving the problem.

5. mario.benipayo

nope. have been busy with other stuff.

Although I inquired about a solution about my problem, the guys at Power MAC seems to be oblivious to this symptom.....I can't believe that I (or we) are the only ones having this problem.

They did suggest to change the Video Card but they are not sure...but the problem with that is since the Video Card is "by order", if they install it and it does not solve the problem, they will still require you to pay for the video card since it was already "ordered" by you.....a very expensive learning experience for them at our expense.

6. anina

anina Member

I searched the web for others with this kind of problem. I found only one case with this complaint, also unsolved. I guess it's uncommon. Nonetheless, I've reported the case to Apple and I'll call them maybe later today. My unit is still under Applecare so I can send it to another service center without costing me anything. I'll post here if problem gets solved.

7. Pongstr

Pongstr Member

what's the version of your mac pro? have you tried downloading/installing updated drivers? or software updates? it's funny tho i only had that problem with hackintosh lol ;P

8. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

this just started happening to my macbook pro as well...randomly happens...

9. Nicky

Nicky Member

Bravo, Power Mac. Isn't a service center supposed to have a variety of spare parts to be able to diagnose accurately? Oh well.