Beyond the Box - April Open Box Sale!

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by Masa, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishtiki

ishtiki New Member

By that, you are implying that you did not respect me (a "hoarder"), validating my earlier post na bastos ka. Also, that you are one of those "respected" members who are not quite that respectable.

You were able to acquire 1 or 2 units right? you wanted me to give up 2 more units? to give you a total of 3 or 4 units? how many units do you have to buy to be labeled a "hoarder" ?

Sir Charlie has replied. This will be my last post about this.

Thanks.

Qin Zhi likes this.
  2. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

Better not try to impose your values on others. I'm sure this world would be a much better place to live in if everyone were presumable as thoughtful and generous as you. But clearly that is not so. The lesson here is be there early. Had you gotten there earlier than ishtiki then you probably would've bought those.

mokmoki likes this.
  3. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh so you grabbing all those last 6 units are not hoarding for you. I settled for those 2 unit because you (or your boss companion) took all the last 6s' out there. Me and a philmugger offficemate went there just to get each a unit, we dont have that much cash that your "businessman" friend that hastely withdrew outside the bank to acquire all them last 6s units. Lolz!

4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Earlier or not, if everyone is as opportunistic as those 2, nothing would be left. I bet if there are more units, they wont hesitate to grab it all regardless of the people in line eager to avail for their own personal consumption.

5. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

Respectfully, what are you here for? Anyone has a right to be here, but you're being vague about your reason for joining when you've only ever commented in a thread that puts your motives in a questionable light.

Disclaimer: I wasn't interested at all in the iPhones. Just recontracted with Globe last Christmas.

I'm just a longtime member who actually enjoys the discussions and topics. This forum is a bastion of sanity in today's online world.

To BTB, thank you for doing this regularly. I almost pulled the trigger on an item early this evening, and your staff stayed past the closing time to answer all my questions. Thank you for being so hospitable and patient.

ericb, amg99, h2obaby and 2 others like this.
  6. mree

mree Active Member

There should be some sort of exclusivity to PhilMug members. Otherwise, there's no point of posting it here when it could have just been posted in BTB's website, or any of their social media accounts.

shootertwist likes this.
  7. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Member

I was there earlier. I think Mr. Suavecito's actions were uncalled for. Even the staff were suprised. He was disrespectful, egotistic, akala mo kung sino siya. He could have acted better.

He even asked several times in a very conceited manner if the manager was there, shouted repeatedly at the staff telling them why did they allow the two customers to hoard, and kept on insisting that he was a long time PhilMUG member as if he had every right to get the units. Nonverbatim "Alam mo bang ilan years na ako sa PhilMUG, di naman members yung mga bumibili dapat di niyo binibigay!" at a very scolding manner. Napaka barbaric. There were no rules re hoarding so I think he does not have the right to do what he did. Naawa ako sa employees kasi lumalabas sila may kasalanan.

I'm not affiliated w/ the hoarders just releasing my sentiments kasi naawa talaga ako sa staff..

#107 miggyhipolito, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    strayWOLF likes this.
  8. cholale

cholale Member

I was also there earlier during the commotion and exchange, nakakaawa nga yung mga staff, because it's their job to sell everything on that list, if hindi nakakuha just wait for the next open box sale.

9. vedderaxl

vedderaxl Member

Thank you very much to Charlie and BTB. I was there around 11AM and got a phone and case for the wife. Another mugger I talked to got a sweeter deal on the latest 2016 MBP

For me lesson learned is: Follow the rules. "This is on a first come, first served basis." is as simple as it gets

I have to admit I rarely post here and just check out Marketplace and BTB posts. But I hope it doesn't prevent guys like me from availing of privileges like this. And I hope guys who have posted a lot here do not impose their posting habits on others. We can all contribute to the Apple community in this country in so many ways (e.g. I'm a Mac apps developer). I hope the number of posts here is not the sole/primary metric for this.

miggyhipolito likes this.
  10. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

With all due respect, it is my opinion that your comments are uncalled for. Granted that ishtiki had not actively participated in this forum for all these years, has he ever violated any of our rules? Specifically, what "questionable motives" are you imputing upon him? Let's all please be civilized and not get carried away.

Fyi: I don't know ishtiki nor any of the members here. The person simply has not done anything wrong (for the time being, that is).

Some here may accuse him of "hoarding" those phones and being "opportunistic". In my opinion he has no moral obligation to reserve any for the others (and in any case there won't be enough for all). Everyone who went was being opportunistic in the sense that they all wanted to grab that rare opportunity of buying an Apple i-devices for less than regular prices. C'mon, we're dealing here with Apple products--these are somehow luxury devices--and buying those for purposes of reselling them is no different that buying those for one's "personal use". These are not necessities like rice, galunggong, and the likes where hoarding these to the detriment of others is not only immoral, but even illegal. Granted that having a phone has become a "necessity" already, but not necessarily an iPhone.

He was there early enough for those phones. BTB had set no limit as to how can be bought. He paid for those. He got those fair and square. Let's not demonize the person. And what's wrong if he wants to resell those to make a living (presumably to support his family)? If so, that's just as valid or even a better reason than buying a phone simply for "porma". (Note: not implying that anyone here bought it for "porma"--just giving an example.)

#110 Qin Zhi, Apr 18, 2017
    leewardlsu, ralmon, xtine and 2 others like this.
  11. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^Who's demonizing ishtiki?

12. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

^ I don't know. I never said anyone did. I simply said "let's not demonize the person." :p

13. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

^oh so we are just saying random things now lol, no wonder ishtiki only posts every ten years lol... hope he replies again by April 18, 2027, who knows maybe there's an open box sale for an iphone 12 by then we'll hear from him again hehe

14. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

Well, fortunately for me, I don't have to deal with that when that time comes as I don't live there (and have never even seen a BTB outlet) and (no offense to BTB who has been very generous to us) I simply do not prefer buying Apple products that have no warranty anyway. :p

15. cham

cham New Member

Thanks BTB :)

16. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

There's actually quite a difference between buying for personal enjoyment versus buying in bulk and making money. And why do you use so many quotation marks?

17. prinzhernan

prinzhernan Active Member

Wow, this escalated quickly. Based on what I've read, and trying to be unbiased:

1. There were no rules given by BTB limiting purchases.
    2. Since there were no rules then he didn't violate anything and is therefore faultless. While it may not seem "considerate" to some, the fact of the matter is that he did nothing wrong. There can be no fault if the law does not prohibit. I think this is a generally accepted principle of law.
    3. One may assume that what one purchases here is for personal consumption but there are business minded peope. Since there was no regulation, they turned this opportunity into something profitable. Which is not wrong since again, there was no prohibiton. I don't think that ethical issues like fairness apply here since BTB did not give any rational, goal, or mission for the open box sale. The final arbiter here is BTB since it's their event/promo.
    4. Grats to those who got the stuff they wanted. :)

#117 prinzhernan, Apr 19, 2017
    mongkee and Hero33 like this.
  18. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Just stop now, please.

19. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Ok, many suggestions have been offered. Charlie himself has pledged to look into the situation and improve the buyers' experience in the future. That said, this thread is closed.

ArkiJan, shiznit, amg99 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.