Best Buffets

Discussion in 'Food' started by REDcrazy, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I heard all the restaurants in Okada are pretty expensive. Much more expensive than Solaire. Is this true? How much is the buffet? We ate at Solaire's Finestra, it's 60k for 8 people. Solaire's Fresh buffet is 2400/person.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...I think it is 2700 per head, all in. Just read that Medley is closed until further notice. Poor reception?

3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Just checked it too, and it is indeed closed. Makes you wonder what the problem was.

4. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Anybody know of any apps, food blogs, that are offering those 50% discounts? Will be treating a lot of people kasi, LOL! Anything like Niu or Vikings or Heat or Circles, preferably Makati or BGC area.

What's happened to Muggers? We used to be food people, then I looked at this portion of the forum, not a whole lot of input on food na, only 2 (now 3) threads have been touched for 2018, the rest, parang wala na masyado. Majority na ba ng Muggers, nagda-diet na? :ROFLMAO:

5. raypin

#605 raypin, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  6. docjbr

Thanks, Raypin!

Niu is apparently more expensive right now than Circles, Circles has a P1250 promo ongoing for dinner, while Niu us at about P1500 per head. There's alcohol at Niu though, none at Circles.

7. raypin

8. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

the Shang promo is only for Makati which is celebrating its 25th anniv.. & the promo is available for lunch & dinner. Monday to sunday. (drinks not included except coffee) not to be outdone, a few hotels have followed suit, Dusit has P1300 for lunch & dinner/ all days. with juice drinks/coffee included. Brasserie of Conrad also has a lunch promo of P1300 per head (drinks not included; not even coffee). but monday to friday only.

raypin likes this.
  9. Leeger

Leeger Active Member

Try downloading eatigo. It’s the best right now imo.

10. docjbr

@greta87 , will probably stick with Circles since it's pretty near Makati Med. Thanks, sir!

@Leeger, download eatigo, so far they also have offers, too! Cheers!

11. raypin

Mm...not a lot of reviews of Brasserie of Conrad Hotel. The few I've read are not encouraging. I do miss the now-defunct Sunday Brunch crossover buffet of Dusit Thani. Four hotel restos open for buffet, pay once. A true belly-bustin' experience.

CROSSOVER-POSTER-copy.jpg

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

The food at the Brasserie is just ok, the resto offers the best view of Manila Bay though.

I checked out the Okada buffet resto a few weeks back, (forgot the name). Bill was 2.7K per head. Many choices but food taste left much to be desired. The striploin wasn’t even edible, had to complain to their chef. Wil probably not come back

raypin likes this.
  13. docjbr

Brasserie was just okay for me, totally nothing to troop over to Conrad for. It was only because the folks wanted a fancier alternative to lunch, and we were watching a game at MOA at around 4. Limited choices... and coffee is not even included in the buffet?

raypin likes this.
  14. Leeger

Leeger Active Member

Manila Hotel’s Cafe Ilang-ilang is so underrated. It’s one of the best buffet in the country.

joelsky and potpot2 like this.
  15. barre05

barre05 Active Member

If you haven't tried out The Pantry at Dusit, I suggest you do so, moreso now while they have the 50% off promo. Really good spread. Like they have a station with lechon cooked all kinds of ways. I didn't even get to partake of their pastries because I ate too much of the meats.

Definitely a huge improvement over Basix.

Probaboy one of my favorite buffets now, aside from Heat and Cafe Ylang-Ylang

potpot2, Dekra and raypin like this.
  16. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member

High Street Cafe in Shang BGC is my new fave buffet place. I like how the number of choices and stations isn't overwhelming, but all the offerings are high quality. Pigged out on lobster and steak till I couldn't eat another bite.

raypin likes this.
  17. number001

number001 Active Member

Conrad's Brasserie - I like their sashimi (which are fresher than Manila Hotel Cafe Ilang Ilang). I also like that they have the bone marrow soup. They have selection of salads. But otherwise, the food selection is quite limited. If I remember correctly they dont have a proper steak/meat cutting station.

raypin likes this.
  18. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Active Member

I always go to Spiral if I want to buffet. Or Shang BGC if I want a smaller selection and close to home.