Beats Solo 3 Wireless

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by christianz30, Nov 19, 2016.

1. christianz30

christianz30 Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post here my review for the Beats Solo 3 Wireless, since I've been using it for almost nearly a week. So for my tl;dr review basically it's just super awesomeness but it's not perfect!

But if you're considering on buying whether or not this product is worth $300/PHP 15K, you might want to have a look at my pros and cons below based on my nearly 1 week of use:

Let's start first with the Cons:
    - Price (Need I say more?)
    - After a couple of hours of use, it becomes increasingly uncomfortable to wear. Since these are on-ears, you kinda feel that the headphones are crushing your ears after going over 3 hours of non-stop use O.O
    - If you have a thick neck like mine, it's also uncomfortable to rest them over your neck. Sometimes when I bend my head down, I feel a bit of choking. This happens when I look at my phone at chest level or try to check something that I'm pulling out of my pocket. It also gets a bit uncomfortable if you let it rest on your neck/shoulders for extended period of time since I feel like I can't move my head/neck too much since I'll get that choking feeling once more
    - Though it's form factor is great, it tends to be bulky
    - Multiple device pairing. They advertised this that the w1 chip will make the pairing process easy, and it did. But I honestly find it lackluster in using these headphones back and fort from iPhone to rMBP. The initial pairing was super freakin' awesome but after that, the problem lies. When switching to rMBP, it's easy as connecting it from the bluetooth icon at the top of the menu bar. But when switching it back to the iPhone, you still need to open settings, bluetooth and connect to the device which I believe cancels its "edge" of ease of pair.

Now with the Pros:
    - Initial pairing process, as I've mentioned in the cons, it is absolutely easy and fast!
    - No delays, when you hit play, it plays immediately!
    - No issues in Audio and Video sync (This is my problem with the Power Beats 2)
    - Plays awesome audio (duhhh)
    - Comfortable to wear for casual listening (Still comfy for about 1-2 hours)
    - Range is siiiick
    - Battery. The last time I charged my beats was Sunday evening which it got to 100%. After the complete charge, I've used it on battery for the night until now(Saturday). As of 2:25 PM of Saturday, it's at 16% battery. I've been heavily using the headphones(5-8hrs/day) from Sunday till Saturday and it didn't die on me! This just really blew me out of the water! The battery is just crazy!

Overall, as a Beats fan, I still do not think this is worth $300, but this is definitely a very very very great product! It's very good for casual users like me who mostly listen to Top 40 pop songs/edm/hip hop. If you have extra budget for this, I'd say go for it!

Edelheid and mmanson like this.
  2. christianz30

christianz30 Member

Hi guys... just an update I'd like to share for those who are interested.... 3 weeks ago my Beats Solo 3 right ear had started losing audio... and a few days back the left ear started to have intermittent sound issues as well... I've brought it yesterday to Power Mac Center service center in SM Megamall and they texted me this afternoon that my unit is for replacement. I'm kinda disappointed that it's only been 3 months and I had problems with this but my previous power beats 2 is still working great until today.... Now I have to wait for 3-4 weeks for the replacement. Too bad because I really super enjoy the sound quality of these headphones and using other headphones right now just takes away the experience from me... sigh....

3. Edelheid

Edelheid Well-Known Member

Gosh, these were actually on sale for $150 earlier. I couldn't help but ask someone to pick one up for me. I couldn't justify $300 for a pair of Beats cans, but at half the cost who can say no to that? Other than the price, I also vaguely remembered your post from last year (turned out to be this one) mentioning the level of comfort, but well, this is a really good deal anyway.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Beats-Solo3-Wireless-On-Ear-Headphones/54594384
    (Actually just checked now and they're still at $150 as of this post.)
    If Walmart runs out, make sure to check jet.com for a similar sale.

#3 Edelheid, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017