Are custom keyboards still nascent in iOS 9?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Edelheid, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid Well-Known Member

I'm asking this because while there have been significant improvements with custom keyboards around the release of iOS 8.3, the core problem concerning lag continues to plague keyboards. I've been reminded once again upon purchasing another keyboard app – Next Keyboard for the curious – if I can now stand the performance provided by keyboards outside stock. The answer is a straight no.

I'm running iOS 8 and unsurprisingly enough the occasional stuttering is still there. The keyboard goes back to default majority of the time and there's minimal lag every time it slides up. There's no keyboard app in the App Store that provides optimal experience. Sadly, the problem lies with Apple; developers can only do so much to improve the efficiency of their keyboards. I'm hoping that we see less friction in iOS 9.

Can anyone tell me if we can expect enhancements in iOS 9? I'd love to use all the keyboards I purchased – I really do – but quite frankly it's such a PITA right now.

Chito Limson likes this.
  2. krizzy

krizzy Member

what app did you use? :) I am using fancy key. works fine with iOS 9. :)