AppleCare

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by jpt822, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dingasaur

dingasaur Member

^ Thank you! I better get to it then, I have less than a month left

2. rflores

rflores Active Member

my 2 years and 1 month old Mac showed a horizontal line... Good thing I had Apple Care. It is with BTB now, hoping they grant a repair/replacement of the display. I know it never encountered any physical abuse.

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. pael

pael Well-Known Member

not sure if it was asked before, but is Apple Care for iPhone applicable here in PH? I can't seem to find the option to buy Apple Care in the Apple Store for PH, so not sure if the Apple Service Centers here will honor it if I buy from US Apple Store for example.

4. pochiman

pochiman Well-Known Member

if my memory serves me right, (and feel free to correct me please) as iPhone warranties are country specific, (from where you purchased it) getting AppleCare from the US (and i believe you have to get your phone and the APP at the same time - like from an actual Apple store or via ordering it online from the US store.apple.com) you can get a 2 year max coverage on said US issued iPhone and you'd have to ship it to the US should you need to have it fixed as covered by your 2 year warranty.

as we do not have an actual Apple store locally, we are at the mercy of having to surrender said iPhones to either Smart or Globe (if you obtained it through them) or to the reseller from where you purchased your factory unlocked iPhone from (ex. BTB, PMC, Switch, AShop, etc.)

honestly, if you got your iPhone locally, forget AppleCare. simply consult with our fellow amigo, @ll_esquivias for repair purposes soon as your one year warranty expires.

#144 pochiman, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    penmanila likes this.
  5. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

That's good advice. I've purchased my unlocked iPhones from the US, always with APP, but thankfully I've never had to get them repaired. For after-warranty repairs I just go to Burn in Greenhills.