Apple Watch Series 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. acid_burn628

acid_burn628 Active Member

Get the stainless steel with sapphire glass :)

2. acid_burn628

Not here in the Philippines. Only in US, Japan, Australia, and some other countries. Though it will be available in SG and HK on Feb 2. Gray market like greenhills seldom sell stainless steel version because of the price and demand. I tried looking but to no avail. Though stainless steel version of the original apple watch series 0 is quite abundant.

3. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Any insider info on when the cellular versions of the series 3 will be released in the Philippines? Singapore and Hongkong will get theirs this February.

4. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

5. acid_burn628

It was also not supported in SG and HK before. In your provided apple watch LTE supported list, SG and HK were not included when I checked 3 weeks ago. However, they are now. Because they will have theirs in February 2. Hence, it is not impossible for Philippines to have it as well.

ronjet and Roman like this.
  6. geopgeop

geopgeop New Member

58E2A40E-9AC2-4639-8D59-CDF3B9AAB6B2.jpeg
    My wife’s SS S3 with apple classic black buckle

ronjet likes this.
  7. acid_burn628

Is still stainless steel silver or space black stainless steel? How much for the apple classic black buckle?

8. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

I was only quoting from apple website and from knowledgeable people tegarding the lte version will only work from where it was purchased. Try googling it, i dont have time now to search because i am at work.

9. acid_burn628

I probably did the same research as you before purchasing the AW in Japan. I talked to the guys (wearing red shirts with apple logos) in the apple store itself and they confirmed it will work in the Philippines as long as the LTE band is supported by the carrier. So I checked the band used by Globe for LTE and it is indeed the same with Japan. Hence, it should work once Globe opts to support it in the future. For now, I am still more than happy without the LTE function. I do not see myself leaving my phone anyways. It is a device I bring with me all the time, even when I take a bath and have private time in the restroom. LTE for me is not my main reason. It was the stainless steel version I was after. LTE is just a bonus feature for me. Happy to have it but okay to not have it.

potpot2 likes this.
  10. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

Anyone uses AW3 for swimming, biking and running? Just want to have some personal feedback. :) I'm tempted to buy one.

*I know I should buy Garmin for SBR but I'm really tempted to get the apple watch instead. :)

11. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Okay, really late to the party, but an Apple watch is indeed now being used for swim, bike, run?

12. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

I use it *extensively* for running and a bit for biking. I know it's good for swimming but I haven't done that lately (I used my Pebble before for swimming).

Leo

13. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

I'm not sure if AW is being used by professional athletes or serious SBR peeps. Maybe they do but most probably they are using Garmins.

Mainly I just wanted to have a fitness tracker and a part of me wants an apple watch so I'm trying to justify to myself that I need an AW :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Also I don't join races. I just do weekly SBR as exercise :)

docjbr likes this.
  14. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

Nice. Thanks for the feedback. In your experience does the AW tracking run and bike does OK? GPS? :)

15. geopgeop

geopgeop New Member

This is a 38 mm Stainless Steel. Was able to get the apple classic black buckle for AUD 94.50$. It was on sale from 229$ at Myer here in Sydney.

16. ramil

ramil Active Member

I've been using my Apple Watch to track my run and swim exercises. For swim, you just have to input the pool length. I don't have any problems with it, so far. But if you want a more accurate and more detailed tracking, I guess Garmin would be better. Unless you can find an app that can do so using the Apple Watch.

I have not been able to use it for biking.

rebiscoco likes this.
  17. jmprz

jmprz Active Member

Hi! Is it ok to buy Apple Watch in Japan? Is there a difference with the product? I know for iPhones, they have loud shutter sounds. Are there some other features in the Apple Watch Japan that are different from what it is sold here in the Philippines? I'm planning to buy one on my trip there at the end of this year. It is P21,990 in PH and Y39800 (P18,743.53) in Japan. That's P3,000+ difference. :)

18. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

I saw one in stock at Switch Store Robinsons Antipolo 38mm Gold Series 3

19. marvin_net

marvin_net Member

Im following this as I opted to buy my first apple watch too in my upcoming Japan Trip.

Please less 8% in the total amount for the Tax Refund too. So that makes Apple Watch cheaper in Japan

jmprz likes this.
  20. jmprz

jmprz Active Member

When is your trip? Let me know the final price once you bought already. :) My trip is in December pa.