Apple watch gen1 warranty extension

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by yammie, Apr 30, 2017.

1. yammie

yammie Member

2. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

If Apple officially announced it, you can be sure the local Apple Authorized Service Providers will honor such warranty claims... assuming that they have already been notified of such special announcements/notices from Apple

3. Bluewire

Bluewire Member

My first gen  Watch is with Power Mac Center Service Center- Abreeza Mall Davao and is undergoing diagnostics now that will take 1-2 days. Was informed that, my unit bought from SG last October 2015 is under the extended warranty program from Apple. I don't need to pay for diagnostic fee. If proven that the cause of screen separation is a bloated battery. They will replace the unit for FREE but I have to wait for 3-4 weeks. But when proven that the cause of the screen separation is not a bloated battery, i have to pay for an estimated Php 13,875.00 for a full unit replacement.

yammie likes this.
  4. yammie

yammie Member

An update on this. It seems to be that the warranty is true, if your Apple watch battery is indeed bloating. After calling Apple and having my units diagnosed with battery bloat, Apple support has agreed to replace the two watch I have. Thank you Apple!

5. JojitF

JojitF Member

Which service center did you go to?

6. yammie

yammie Member

Apple Support advised me to have it checked by Powemac SM Aura.

7. rdy0329

rdy0329 Well-Known Member

My AW SS 38mm which was bought in May 2015 was eligible for warranty extension for 2-years (ending June 2017). Phew, that was a close call. The cause of the problem is the backside (heart rate monitor) falling off after removing from charger.

They agreed to replace mine free of charge.

For bloated battery problems, your watch is eligible for replacement up to 3 years from date of purchase.

yammie likes this.
  8. MJOng1123

MJOng1123 New Member

Just want to warn everybody about MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH NORTHEAST POWER MAC SERVICE CENTER IN CONNECTICUT GREENHILLS.
    my daughter accidentally spilled juice on our Macbook Pro so I asked my driver to bring it to them.
    1st they do not want to accept the laptop without a deposit of 2,500.00 evethou they have my laptop.
    2nd when I called them to check the status they just told me that the motherboard is broken and it is better to buy new unit instead of repairing it.

this happened sometime early 2016 from january to March 2016, since I am not convince with their conclusion, I waited for days to dry the laptop and turned it on again and it worked.(it is obvious that they did nothing)
    its been more than a year now and my laptop works fine and I just remembered how pissed I was because I almost throwed it away.

Will I get a refund? how many more victims are they going to rob? PLS SHARE!!!

9. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

You're in the wrong thread.

10. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member