Apple Watch Bands and Cases

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by leninmac, May 20, 2015.

1. webcoderph

webcoderph New Member

hi guys, is it necessary to also buy a screen protector for aws1? i was planning to buy my first aw this payday kasi.thanks

2. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I think it's only really necessary if you're very likely to hit your AW's display on something regularly. But for average use and if it won't be undergoing any extreme abuse, I'd say the display is tough enough not to need a protector. Plus the display's small size makes it a lot smaller target for damage compared to the usual devices like phones and tablets

Perhaps one way of knowing if you'd really need to install some kind of screen protector on your AW is to check the condition of your current/frequently used watch :)

denzzurcaled likes this.
  3. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Is it necessary? Maybe not.

I've always had a screen protector on mine. My Watch got caught once on the sharp edge of a screen door, which broke the tempered glass protector. Would it have scratched the display if it did not have a protector? I don't know, and I don't think I want to know.

4. happosai

happosai Member

Hindi siguro. Dami nang tumama sa AW ko hanggang ngayon buhay pa. As in bare ito. Nadun na yung naipit sa elevator, nasangga sa cutting machine, nauntog sa printer, etc. Still no scratch. ;)

5. Flex Villa

Flex Villa Member

IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0186.JPG Nike band arrived today. Expected date was April 4. Didn't expect it to arrive earlier :)

maryannemoll and jillsingian like this.
  6. jillsingian

jillsingian Active Member

Finally... ⌚

[​IMG]

Flex Villa, maryannemoll and jcool like this.
  7. arjaysalting

arjaysalting Member

Here is my Twelvesouth TimePorter. Happy with my purchased.

[​IMG]

maryannemoll likes this.
  8. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if you guys are already aware of this, but there is a space gray Milanese loop.

I stumbled upon it on eBay last month, and wasn't sure if it was really space gray. In the photo it looked a tad lighter than black, but the same seller also had a black version listed, so I figured it might really be space gray.

I ordered one, and I can now say for sure that it's really space gray! Here is a video of me comparing the black with the space gray.

Both look really good on the space gray Apple Watch. The space gray could be an option for you if you don't like the stark black one.

ma5te12m1nd likes this.
  9. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

I've been meaning to purchase that but I kept putting it off. During Holy Week I was traveling and it was so cumbersome to not have something like the TimePorter. Did you purchase it from Twelve South directly?

10. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

Very interesting. Could you post a link to the seller's site? Thanks!

11. Isheepbukidnon

Isheepbukidnon New Member

Hi there, where can I can buy leather straps for the Apple Watch?im currently using a series 2 Nike edition 42 mm

12. arjaysalting

arjaysalting Member

Yes bought it from Twelve South. :)

13. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

Thanks!

14. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

You can try Celtex in Green Hills Theater Mall, or their sister store, Virtual Station, also in Theater Mall. I saw a few there for the 42mm last January.

Also, the Nomad leather straps look really good. They have straps for the 42mm, but not for the 38mm, which I am looking for. Boo.

Isheepbukidnon likes this.
  15. mongkee

You're gonna want to buy a pair (or more) of those 3rd party strap adapters for the AW. With that, you can go shopping around in any watch store or those watch strap kiosks in malls for any leather strap you might like. The strap size (width) is 24mm. Ask the sales person to show you all the leather straps they have in 24mm and you're good to go

16. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

I second this suggestion. And I also further suggest you get the adaptors with the spring bars instead of the one with the lugs, because the screwing and unscrewing required to detach the lugs to put in the straps can weaken the thread of the screws, resulting in an unsecured connection between Watch and strap.

Of course it's always best to have adapters dedicated to each strap, to completely enjoy the push-and-slide ease of switching the straps. Lots of really good-looking Watch straps in malls, by the way. The Hirsch ones look especially cool.

#476 maryannemoll, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  17. mongkee

Great advice on the spring-type adapters. At first I also wanted to switch straps on the lone adapter I had but realized it was too troublesome to fiddle with the very small screws plus the risk of loosening the very fine thread as you've mentioned. I've also wanted to get a Hirsch strap for the longest time but man do they cost some! :p

18. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

They are a bit pricey, but they do look as expensive as they cost. :)

19. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

For hairy folks who are using a Milanese strap, original or otherwise, do your arm hairs get caught in the strap?

20. silverfox

silverfox Member

My orders finally arrived!

Attached Files:

denzzurcaled likes this.